health insurance 10 day free look period?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for a blue cross blue shield policy and was told by a blue cross blue shield agent said that I can find a plan straight through them instead of going through the marketplace which I thought was the only way you could do it. Not sure why they call it the market place then. I wanted to change the plan I had but he couldn't find my application cause it takes them about 5 days to get it. At that point I was pretty tired of looking at this stuff and decided to look at it later down the road when I had a clear head and they actually had my application. The agent did say I had a 10 day free look period that starts when they send me an email saying they received my application which they did on the 20th. Now i'm getting the run around about trying to switch to a better plan since all the blue cross blue shield plans were pretty much the same and didn't really cover anything when shown on the market place. ( I learned how to read all the fine print)

Opinions? I'm [censored]. One lady said well you bought a marketplace plan so the 10 day free look period doesn't count, then another person said that's only if it's before the December 15th deadline and it was the 13th when I applied you would think that guy would have told me that. Meanwhile the sales department was closed when I called even thought they're supposed to be open until 5 so I never could talk to those people. So as usual it has to be overly complicated. It has a typical 6000 dollar deductible maximum out of pocket $7900, but it doesn't really cover anything until you hit the deductible and I kind of just picked the plan real quick thinking I had 10 more days to find a better one. The agent did supposedly make a note that I was worried about whether or not they received it and hopefully he also said I wanted to change it.

You were born dodge. Keep with the plan.. But seriously the world and medical monopolies are crap right now.

Originally Posted by Kode
You were born dodge. Keep with the plan.. But seriously the world and medical monopolies are crap right now.

What does that mean? born dodge? lol

"Open Enrollment" means "now's your chance to decide". There isn't open enrollment now, so you have almost a year to live with what you've got, analyze it, and decide what you want next open enrollment.

Originally Posted by eljefino
"Open Enrollment" means "now's your chance to decide". There isn't open enrollment now, so you have almost a year to live with what you've got, analyze it, and decide what you want next open enrollment.

Well they change this stuff up so much every year. Last time it was well you don't have an employer, so the marketplace is the only place you have. It seems they just make up a bunch of bs so you'll sign up with them and they get a commission or however it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back