Threads being deleted typical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it typical for moderators to delete threads on this forum and not send any personal messages as to why? I asked about the "high volume 25 year pro" thread and where it went..... it was a interesting thread to say the least.....

Didn't see that post, but yes threads will be deleted with no notice or explanation if they determine it isn't going anywhere good, they'll stop it before it blows up.

yes if people cant respect the no politics, no religion, no nsfw rules (among others)

threads(or individual posts)can go bye-bye without any notice or warning.

Got ya...... it was pretty funny reading a 25 year self proclaimed expert mechanic label folks alcoholics or druggies because they have nice tools.......
Alright said my peace.... lmao

Originally Posted by kschachn
Threads that complain about deleted threads often get deleted too

Go ahead..... I was just curious.....
I dont believe in censorship, but I'm not the boss either

Or just locked based on predictions … Like the Gatwick thread had already ingested a small drone in the port engine … fire was spitting from the rear … and WW knew it …

It's in the Tool forum. ALL Mechanics are Drug Addicts, Thieves, Alcoholics, Lazy, Have poor money management skills, Smoke cigarettes & root for the wrong collegiate football team.

Don't know about all that …
but those that work in Texas shops in July are considered normal to need a couple cold beers on the patio after work …

Originally Posted by clinebarger
It's in the Tool forum. ALL Mechanics are Drug Addicts, Thieves, Alcoholics, Lazy, Have poor money management skills, Smoke cigarettes & root for the wrong collegiate football team.

I don't get why they root for the wrong collegiate team though. I thought because they did all the above they didn't go to college.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

I don't get why they root for the wrong collegiate team though. I thought because they did all the above they didn't go to college.

I was being facetious with the college football thing, Though something was mentioned about not hiring people from certain universities.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Or just locked based on predictions … Like the Gatwick thread had already ingested a small drone in the port engine … fire was spitting from the rear … and WW knew it …

I just checked. The Gatwick thread has now been unlocked. I think some posts have been deleted but to my eternal surprise, all of mine survived the cull!

Just for the record, who is WW?

Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
Is it typical for moderators to delete threads on this forum and not send any personal messages as to why? I asked about the "high volume 25 year pro" thread and where it went..... it was a interesting thread to say the least.....

Yes.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Threads that complain about deleted threads often get deleted too

The irony is that the thread in question wasn't deleted...

Sometimes bad threads go into a "penalty box" sub-forum where mods clean them up before returning them to us.

I saw it once during some site maintenance.

Everything between the OP and yesterday morning disappeared from the Glitter Porch Thieves thread, good and bad, I assume due to the promotion of violence.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I didn't know they deleted them. I thought they just locked them.

Pretty sure the glitter bomb/fake Amazon delivery package got deleted.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I didn't know they deleted them. I thought they just locked them.

Depends how bad the thread is and can be handled both ways. And what forum rules have been violated. If the thread started out fine but then went sideways or ran its course, close time. Sometimes it's just better to delete the thread and make it disappear if there's little to no value to it. Years ago many threads would disappear but then I recommended to simply close them since there's value to some of the content in those threads. Usually the more content a site has the more valuable it is. It takes time to go through a thread and edit out all the bad stuff. So if there's too much stuff to edit then disappear time. As mentioned threads can be suspended out of public sight when they're worked on or discussed among mods/admins. The mods/admins get too see another third of the site that the public and general members cannot see which contains more threads and topics.

Here's the thread that the OP was referring to:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4956398/1

The glitter bomb one looks to have been deleted since I posted in that one and don't see it anymore. If someone starts a thread that has to be deleted because it violates forum rules then starts another one I'd give them at least a 7 day ban or longer. If the member that started it had only been on the site for less than 30 days we could do a One touch Ban & Sweep on them. Which deletes their profile and all their posts.

Originally Posted by Silk

Down here they root the bosses wife...

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back