Installed a Tonneau Cover on the Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time, ever. Never used one before. I installed a Extang rollup soft vinyl cover. I plan on only keeping it on in the winter and plan on taking it off when spring arrives. I use the bed of the truck a lot in milder weather and do not want to be encumbered with the tonneau cover and its hardware.

Having to constantly shovel snow out of the bed of the truck in the winter is a chore I can do without. The security a cover provides for stuff in the bed is nice, as is the weather protection it provides.

I do have a concern about the bed not drying out properly since there is not air circulation in the bed when the truck is parked. There is a small gap between the tailgate and the rear edge of the cover and, with my truck parked facing downhill, some moisture is going to get in.

I've had a cover on my truck for years.
Your right, they are nice in the Winter. Especially when you park in the garage.

The gap near tailgate - I tried to be careful and had to slid the cover further from the cab.

Edit: What I actually slid back was the mounting slats that the cover attaches to.

Last edited:
I tried to mount the cover further back but there is a rigid edge to the cover at the front that is turned down and that edge is now right up against the box and preventing the cover from being slid further back. Too bad, I have more than enough overlap at the front and not enough at the back.

Last edited:
I have an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my Sierra and I love it. I don't think I could ever go back to an open bed, I like being able to lock things up back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back