Auto Armor Fabric Protection Claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I purchased my vehicle last December, Auto Armor interior protection got thrown in the package. I'm not a believer in the stuff, but this is a case where I got sloppy and let something slip by me when signing documents. The dealer massaged the numbers a bit at the end, and I didn't catch it. It makes me mad thinking about it, but the ultimate responsibility to catch it laid with me and it's water under the bridge now. Lesson learned. Let's just say I'm always dealing on the basis of "out the door price" from now on.

Anyway - back on topic. There are some spots in the backseat from my kids spilling stuff and rubbing dirty hands on the fabric. Which are supposedly covered under this insurance. For any of you with experience with this, do you have any tips on making a claim? I see an online claim form, I called the contact number for more details but there were pretty much useless. And maybe they are supposed to be, since I'm sure this company is looking for any reason they can to deny a claim.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone with real life experience dealing with this. Any tips to getting a successful result?

That's the problem with that sort of stuff - did they really put it on the seat? If there's a car I like on the lot and it's been "profitized' by the dealer, we start the negotiations with "thanks for putting that on the car, but I'm not paying for it". Some times that's the end of the negotiations. Tough luck, go to the next dealer. My dad just bought a Transit van and he negotiated the dealer transaction fees down to $90, from $350.
If there's one thing in life that's true, it's that there's a lot of room for price dropping in a new car.

This is how the dealers are making their money now. The add on packages and warranties. They do not even tell you how much each costs. They say for $50 more a month you can have a 5 yr extended warranty. And they have several levels from probably $25 extra a month to $100 extra a month. All for packages and warranties beyond the actual car payment. Does not sound too expensive until you figure that your financing the car for 48 or 60 or 72 months and $50 times 72 months is a lot of money.

And the first couple of years of the extended warranty duplicate the factory warranty.

File a claim. If they're on the up and up, they'll send someone over to examine it and try and clean it. If not...at least get a refund.

The dealers only care about out the door price. Once you start to worry about line items, you're playing the dealer's game. If you got the dealer to knock $260 off the price of the vehicle and it makes you feel better that the $260 came off the transaction fee instead of the MSRP, good, but the dealer doesn't care.

Originally Posted by Leo99
File a claim. If they're on the up and up, they'll send someone over to examine it and try and clean it. If not...at least get a refund.

Here is the rub on these sorts of products (including paint protection products), if you read "warranty" fine print, it only covers you for "up to" the amount you paid for the product. If you paid $100 for it and there is $1000 worth of damage, you get $100 back. If they "threw it in" on the deal and you paid nothing for it, you get nothing back.

Originally Posted by TWG1572
There are some spots in the backseat from my kids spilling stuff and rubbing dirty hands on the fabric. Which are supposedly covered under this insurance.

Umm, did I mis-read something? Why don't you clean it up? That isn't a maid service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back