2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat 7-month review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed driving with occasional fun...16.5+. Got back yesterday from a 120 mile round trip all highway 65-80 mpg...got 19.3 mpg. All these numbers from MPG computer, not hand calculated.

Originally Posted by oliveoil
MPG????
On a car like this, who cares?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
MPG????
smile.gif

Nobody buys that type of car and then worry about having to feed it; whether it drinks what comes from the ground or comes via overhead wires :) Otherwise they bought the wrong car,

Truth be told...maybe a tad less MPG than my previous Mazda CX-9. I am impressed how good it does if you drive it "normally". Merry Christmas to all...be safe out there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vikas
MPG????
smile.gif

Nobody buys that type of car and then worry about having to feed it; whether it drinks what comes from the ground or comes via overhead wires :) Otherwise they bought the wrong car,

Well sure, but reasonable fuel economy from a weighty car offering insane performance is a nice plus, especially for an owner who intends to drive the car on a regular basis.
The OP's comments about the car's comfort are further indication that FCA put a lot of effort into this car.
This is not a car I would seriously consider, but its nice that it's out there and available. Diversity in the marketplace is always a good thing. Choice is always desirable whether we're talking cars, bikes, houses or toilet paper.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by dishdude
I'm actually impressed with panel fitment on mine, everything lines up nicely and I haven't had any issues.

Panel fitment on mine appears to be fine as well.

So far only issue is randomly flickering steering wheel SRT logo, alas dealer could not reproduce the issue when I brought it in, so they did not address it. Supposedly it's a known issue with airbag assemblies on the 2018 model, but my dealer claimed ignorance.

That and a bunch of paint blemishes which I had my local body shop remove with wet sanding and buffing.

Must be those darn Canadians drinking on the job again
lol.gif

Or these guys
crackmeup2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YaQCsrDfdY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back