Sound dampening reuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had to fix some areas in the trunk of my car and I noticed that on the wheel wells there was sound dampening material. It looks like the part I did could benefit from of this sound dampening material, but when I went online I noticed that this type of material is very expensive. Do you think it would work if I went to the junkyard and got some other pieces of that stuff and just reused it with new adhesive?

No on reusing. Trust me, you don't want that kind of headache.

.. and really, it's not that expensive if you know where to look, especially if you don't need a ton.

Noico makes a very good, inexpensive product, which is available on Amazon in various sizes and thicknesses. I will be buying some to treat my Fusion soon.

80mm, 36 square feet - $64

80mm, 10 square feet - $20

There are lots of other options which vary in price, but I'll be going with this stuff. I will probably purchase 2x of the 36 sq ft pack to do my doors, floor, and trunk.

Are we talking about adhesive backed dense foam or that recycled jean material that is cut into shapes and loosely attached?

It looks like rubberish with a foil backing, it is probably less than 1/4 inch thick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back