Any Hellcat owner here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking lately on ebay for a hellcat, mostly under 50k with 20k miles on it . How tough / good/ dependable ... are these cars , anything I need to look for ?, this is my first dodge challenger. Im thinking getting the Hellcat pretty soon.

Is there a particular reason why would you buy it off of eBay? I've found a ton on dealership lots in the DFW area under $50k. I'm just curious as I would think it would be preferential to test drive the car before you dropped that much money on it. Plus, buying from a reputable dealership ensures that it a used car inspection was done on it before they sold it.

Here's a LINK if interested.

Last edited:
Yeah -- I would peruse the Hellcat forums, and definitely buy from a dealer -- whom would honor remaining factory warranty. Check it over real good -- as these cars are usually drivin' the snot out of (as was their intention).

There is an owner here with a Hellcat and he posts occasionally. It's a white one. Really nice. As for durability, they are quite reliable and built well but like anything if you continually beat the thing on the regular it will shorten its life. Spirited driving is fine, I mean really tromping on it and taking it to its limits on the regular.

Hey MetalSlug,

I have a 2018 Charger Hellcat...now at 5,714 miles. Absolutely love it. Some of the issues were the Supercharger bearings went bad on earlier models (mainly 16s)...guess they got a bad batch. Other than it being a Dodge (just joking), I think it is a great platform from my research...granted I am not planning on modding it or beating the [censored] (no pun intended) out of it. Ask me any questions you would like and I would be happy to share my experiences...feel free to PM me as well. Here is a link to my 7-month review.

7-Month Review

20181204_115323.jpg

I agree with StevieC 100%. One of the reasons I didn't buy a used Hellcat...hard to know what previous owner(s) did to it, especially during break-in. Take care all.

There are probably plenty of owners who have not flogged their Hellcat. Some buy it just for pride of ownership and never had any intention of beating hard on it despite the available 707 hp. Look hard. You'll find some meeting those requirements. Had I had the financial resources to comfortably buy a Hellcat, that would have been me. I've owned about 15 muscle/high performance cars over the past 30 yrs and never beat on any of them. Didn't put down an intentional strip of rubber even one time. What's that accomplish?

Last edited:
The only known defect I have heard of with the Hellcat LXs is that they are evidently equipped with defective rear tires. Danged things will go bald in the back in no time flat!

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
The only known defect I have heard of with the Hellcat LXs is that they are evidently equipped with defective rear tires. Danged things will go bald in the back in no time flat!

I would be worried about pulling into a garage with one of those as I'd be imagining that I would tap the gas 0.1mm too far down and the car would shoot through the back wall... ;^)

I feel very blessed to be in a position to own a Hellcat. The Pirelli P Zero Summer tires last between 10-13K miles...so I have been told. I have yet to do any burnout in it...guess I am getting old. It is a great daily driver for me and I cruise around in street mode 95% of the time. I do drive spitited when it is safe to do so and the occasional accerleration in a tunnel or under a freeway overpass (cannot help myself).
mad.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
Im looking lately on ebay for a hellcat, mostly under 50k with 20k miles on it . How tough / good/ dependable ... are these cars , anything I need to look for ?, this is my first dodge challenger. Im thinking getting the Hellcat pretty soon.

I saw a used Hellcat for sale advertised on a forum with 144,000 miles (supposedly). Second owner was selling...first owner was a Chrysler executive who drove it. Not sure if it was a fake posting, but if true, is the highest mileage I have seen on one.

Originally Posted by mbacfp
The Pirelli P Zero Summer tires last between 10-13K miles...so I have been told.

Do you rotate yours? If so, how frequently?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
The Pirelli P Zero Summer tires last between 10-13K miles...so I have been told.

They're staggered, aren't they?

Originally Posted by 69GTX
There are probably plenty of owners who have not flogged their Hellcat. Some buy it just for pride of ownership and never had any intention of beating hard on it despite the available 707 hp. Look hard. You'll find some meeting those requirements. Had I had the financial resources to comfortably buy a Hellcat, that would have been me. I've owned about 15 muscle/high performance cars over the past 30 yrs and never beat on any of them. Didn't put down an intentional strip of rubber even one time. What's that accomplish?

I don't beat on my high performance cars either, but I just had to try the line lock on my '18 Mustang GT one time. I did a 5 second burnout lol, but the driveway was wet.

They're solid cars. It would be a big step up from your 03 Cobra, but similar in toughness. I had a Terminator.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

I do it at every oil change...first rotation at 2,200 and just had it done at 5,600 miles. Tech did a quick test of alignment for me while I was there as I mentioned pulls to left and intermittent vibration at 80 mph.

20181222_141702.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back