Google Play Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all Android Users:

I recieved a $15 Google Play Gift card from my boss for Christmas. I've never purchased anything on the google play store in terms of apps or games, only free versions for the 8+ years I've had an Android device.

Are there any standout games or apps that are WORTH spending 'money' on? I remembered that there was an Android port of Grim Fandango, one of my favorite PC Games from way back when, but it's $4.99 and has mixed reviews. I'm not sure I want to spend that much 'cash' on one game.

I for get what the app is called exactly, but it's an OBDII scan tool app. Apparently it is very good and has many different monitoring options though the OBDII port. If I wanted to spend money on an app, that would be it.

Perhaps someone will chime in and tell us what the app is called.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I for get what the app is called exactly, but it's an OBDII scan tool app. Apparently it is very good and has many different monitoring options though the OBDII port. If I wanted to spend money on an app, that would be it.

Might it be Torque? I have the OBDII Bluetooth adapter in my car and I have used the free version of Torque for a while, it's VERY Customizable. That may be a good purchase.

Also, for games, especially ports of the old ones, play the free version first and see if you like it because many of the ports are really bad or the touchscreen experience simply makes it different from what you remember. I tried few oldies, like Red Alert, Dune and Duke Nukem 3d and didn't like any of them.

Also, for games, especially ports of the old ones, play the free version first and see if you like it because many of the ports are really bad or the touchscreen experience simply makes it different from what you remember. I tried few oldies, like Red Alert, Dune and Duke Nukem 3d and didn't like any of them.

That's how I feel, I love old NES games and old PC games like Duke Nukem, Doom 2 and everything but the touchscreen would not be a satisfying playing experience. If someone would port Diablo 2 to Android then I would be very interested.

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata

Might it be Torque? I have the OBDII Bluetooth adapter in my car and I have used the free version of Torque for a while, it's VERY Customizable. That may be a good purchase.

I really like Torque, but a dongle will also have to be purchased and that might be $15-20 (can't remember what I paid for mine on Amazon).
I think Torque Pro itself was only $5?

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by Ifixyawata

I really like Torque, but a dongle will also have to be purchased and that might be $15-20 (can't remember what I paid for mine on Amazon).
I think Torque Pro itself was only $5?

I bought the dongle from Amazon a couple years ago and have used only free apps since then.

I purchased Torque Pro and love all the extra features so far. So that's $5 down and $10 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back