Castrol Edge 0W-40; 9,762 mi; 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
First extended drain on car. Tried the 40 weight just to experiment and probably will stick to a 20 or 30 weight in the future. Might stick with 10k oil changes unless I get the itch to change it out around 5k miles.

Sam Tran_UnitFord_Gasoline E_Normal_39192097.jpg

Wear seems to be in line with the the other oils running half the time of this run, except for the Al being much-much better.

Originally Posted by Dave1027
Looks like the second sample was the best. Why is it redacted? What was it?

Lab labeled the oil wrong when I did that sample and they have it as PP 5W-20 when it was M1 5W-30

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Did you ever actually run the M1 0W-20 in your ST, as in your sig?

(I want to try the EP in that weight for this winter's OCI in mine.)

It's in it now. It's AFE though. I do have 2 jugs of the EP variety that might go in next. I hope the 0w20 works well because even though the 0w40 numbers are good, it felt like it was bogged down compared to a 20 weight. Might just be in my mind, who knows
21.gif

Last edited:
That M1 5W30 sheared down. But Castrol stayed exactly at same cst as new after running it double mileage of M1.
IMO, I would stick to that 0W40 or try M1 0W40 FS.

Probably did … that's what thicker oils do when they are not needed …

The Castrol 0w-40 showed great UOA. To balance against that sluggish feel, try the Castrol Edge 0w-30. Might get same/similar result with slightly thinner oil.

There is a member from Cali on the Fiesta ST Forums running this very same oil, and he LOVES it, but then again he is running a much bigger, upgraded and tuned turbo with all of the requisite 'ancillaries', so he may not even notice the sluggishness of which you speak.
21.gif

Originally Posted by Gubkin
whats is the engine ?

It is a Ford 1.6 liter, direct injected, intercooled, 10:1 compression ratio, turbo 4 pot, capable of upwards of 22 PSI of boost from the factory.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by dailydriver
There is a member from Cali on the Fiesta ST Forums running this very same oil, and he LOVES it, but then again he is running a much bigger, upgraded and tuned turbo with all of the requisite 'ancillaries', so he may not even notice the sluggishness of which you speak.
21.gif

Could just be all in my mind
21.gif

So far there seems to be no difference in gas mileage. I'm usually heavy footed from 2nd gear on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back