Follow up on wheel for Chevy Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few weeks ago , Wifey hit a median with LF wheel of 2015 Sonic .

We have another car she could drive , so I ordered a plane steel wheel to replace it ( no alloys on the car ) . From Amazon $ 55 with free shipping . Best deal I found on the internet & cheaper than the local salvage yards .

Arrived late the next afternoon . Had the tire from the bent wheel mounted on the new wheel and all balanced . So far , all seems fine .

Thanks , Amazon ! :)

Any issues with the alignment? I imagine if you hit a median enough to bend a wheel, it might affect the alignment negatively.

Also, I believe those have an oddball bolt pattern which makes it a bit harder to find wheels.

Yah, When I decided to get a set of winter wheels for wifes Camry. The Pkg deal from Town Fair Tire was good enough to not bother with a JY set. Just had them put on the car for the winter. I checked the lugs and they were just right.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Any issues with the alignment? I imagine if you hit a median enough to bend a wheel, it might affect the alignment negatively.

Also, I believe those have an oddball bolt pattern which makes it a bit harder to find wheels.

So far , no apparent alignment issues .

Wifey mostly drives this car . I asked her to keep a close eye on tire wear ( drives , steers fine , no noises or vibrations ) . I probably need to help her keep an eye on it .

No idea is it is an odd ball bolt pattern . Just 5 hole steel steel wheel .

Says it is not made in Red China . I took that as a plus .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZ7VKUW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Few weeks ago , Wifey hit a median with LF wheel of 2015 Sonic .

We have another car she could drive , so I ordered a plane steel wheel to replace it ( no alloys on the car ) . From Amazon $ 55 with free shipping . Best deal I found on the internet & cheaper than the local salvage yards .

What kind of plane is it off of
smile.gif

Kidding aside I like the fact that it appears to be hub centric and not generic lug centric with large bore such as DT's steel wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back