Kubota Super UDT2? Anything better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Researching the Kubota SUPER UDT2 blended by Valvoline and looking at customer testimonials, this seems to be the best of the best in tractor fluids? Or is it? I know several people who have switched even their commercial zero turn hydros to this stuff and say the hydro wine completely went away followed my much smoother operation. I have also read alot of horror stories of people who have tried to substitute in a different fluid for the UDT2 and they had some serious problems with clutches and even coatings coming off inside the drive train.....

If it has wet clutches use the fluid that the manual calls for. Wet clutches typically don't like to play nice with knock off fluids that claim to meet the spec they need no matter what the brand of equipment is.

Case IH (New Holland?) "Hy-Tran" is the best hydraulic fluid I have ever run in anything.
J Deere's "Hy-Gard" is equally good stuff

It depends on your dealer's prices, but with me I have found suitable replacements to be more than what I can buy UDT2 for. About $20 a gallon at the dealer.

You may be able to go back to UDT if cost is an issue as it's backwards compatible.. as least for some machines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
Researching the Kubota SUPER UDT2 blended by Valvoline and looking at customer testimonials, this seems to be the best of the best in tractor fluids? Or is it? I know several people who have switched even their commercial zero turn hydros to this stuff and say the hydro wine completely went away followed my much smoother operation. I have also read alot of horror stories of people who have tried to substitute in a different fluid for the UDT2 and they had some serious problems with clutches and even coatings coming off inside the drive train.....

If your tractor is a Kubota I would not use anything else, this is by far the best fluid you can get. If another brand you have choices such as Hy Guard, but don't go with generics or cheapos you'll pay for that in the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back