Car Door Fabric Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the fabric on the door of my 2005 Civic is pulling away from the door. Can I use E6000 on this and could I use it in an unheated garage that is just above freezing?

Never used E6000. I can tell you not to use 3M 77 spray adhesive. It works fine until it gets really hot outside, and then the glue softens.

I now use Dap Weldwood contact cement. Lots of local stores stock it. About $5.50 for 16 ounces.

3M also makes a headliner adhesive 3M 38808 which can take the heat much better and bonds better than 3M 77.
I'm sure there are also le$$ expen$ive headline adhesives at auto parts stores that should do the trick for door fabric.

E6000, for as many things it mentions about what it does resists, doesn't say anything about resisting HEAT as a headliner adhesive would need to resist. Especially being in the sun(roof of vehicle) and forces of gravity such as a headliner would be in.

Last edited:
I have used E6000 for a lot of things , but never for that .

Once used a yellow adhesive ( weather strip adhesive from O'Reilly Auto Parts ? ) when re-covering a sun visor with head liner material .

I am trying to stay away from a spray because the section that is pulling apart is only about 12 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back