Motorcraft F1, 5W-30, 3080 miles, 2018 3.5 Ford EcoBoost 10952 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th oil change. still seeing fuel dilution. Seems to be trending 3.4-4.0 % for about a 2800- 3000 mile OCI

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 109
  • 0 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:
Sounds about right...

The manufacturers all jumped onboard the bandwagon of: using fuel as an engine lubricant.

Small doses shouldn't hurt... right?
21.gif
crazy2.gif
33.gif

Wear metals seem fine, & still decreasing So far...
Just doesn't seem right that we are changing the oil at the same intervals that was recommended 25 -30 years back, using higher quality oils & newer technology available in engines.

Just glad to see it isn't still as high as the initial 8.47% fuel on the first analysis.

Last edited:
What oil is this? Title says Motorcraft, AGAT report shows Motormaster F1. Aren't these different from one another?

Regardless, you've got me all paranoid about fuel dilution, which probably is not dependent on brand of oil. My 3.5EB UAO is coming soon. That said, perhaps some oils are more resistant to viscosity "depletion." Thoughts?

Now some pure speculation: Ford originally specified 5w20 or 0w20 for 3.5EB's, but bumped some applications up to 5w30. You are in Saskatchewan, which I presume is cold as s**t. So the resulting low visc should not be a concern???

Last edited:
Sorry, yes the most recent oil change, & last 3 were Motomaster. The inittial one was Motorcraft
The first oil analysis from fluidlife was the factory installed oil Motorcraft.

The next 3 samples, sent to AGAT labs, have been Canadian Tire Branded Motomaster Formula 1 Ultimate Protection Synthetic motor oil it was manufactured by Shell & re- labelled for Canadian Tire.

Yeah we get some cooler weather, haven't had too much of a cold snap, only around -7 deg Celcius (19 F) today, & in that range for the last week, but we were seeing -20 C (-4 F) a couple weeks ago.

In Summer temps we will see high 30 Celcius range 34-39 (102 F) We usually see a couple 2 or 3 weeks with temps in the -40 or below.

I would rather run a synthetic 0W-30 in the winter if I needed, than rely on my fuel thinning it down for me.

I started using a Pennzoil Platinum, & will probably stick with it. It has a stamp recommending it for turbos, & I think it is supposed to help with LSPI that the Direct Injection is prone to. I can get it for around $30.00 for a 5 L jug when its on sale at Walmart or Canadian Tire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back