IMG_20181217_134741.jpg

Originally Posted by old1
How many quarts are in those cases?

3 gallons

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Great oil. I used it in my classics.

Both are GREAT OILS. Use whichever you can get cheaper
wink.gif

My twin-turbo 351W Mustang (drag car) made 750+ HP at the flywheel living on this stuff, right out of the bottle.

Gross. Why would they do that? They've sold Chevron Supreme for like what $3/qt or less for as long as I can remember?

Why do you guys care so much about saving a couple of dollars? If oil is just a cheap commodity why even talk about it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by m37charlie
Why do you guys care so much about saving a couple of dollars? If oil is just a cheap commodity why even talk about it?

For the same reason that many here pay for UOAs and then promptly ignore the data and do what they want anyway ...
It's called emotion.

These prices aren't very good considering it's at a store you have to pay to shop at.

I guess if I wanted a 50 lb bag of Goldfish crackers with my oil.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
Originally Posted by m37charlie

For the same reason that many here pay for UOAs and then promptly ignore the data and do what they want anyway ...
It's called emotion.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dlundblad
These prices aren't very good considering it's at a store you have to pay to shop at.

Yes, but paying to shop there keeps the riff-raff out.
And I save more than it costs for the membership.

If you can't do that math, then maybe everybody wins!!!

I wish i could get HDEO for the prices you get it over in the US....

For Rimula R4X 15W-40, which would be a rough equivalent of Rotella T4 15W-40 i pay 26€ for a 5L jug at the cheapest. , which comes out to about 22$ for a US Gallon ( 3.7L ) of oil.
What IS interesting though is that the Rimula R4X which is a rough equivalent of the Rotella T4 in the US, is still APICI-4 / SL, although it meets ACEA E7 and other specs.
Don't get me wrong i like that, what i look for in a HDEO is lots of TBN, sulphated ash and Zinc, and CI-4 gives me that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad

I guess if I wanted a 50 lb bag of Goldfish crackers with my oil.

Where I live, Costco saves us thousands a year and I still don't buy my oil there. I can usually find actual good deals everywhere else. 6000 Kings Hawaiian rolls and 50 lbs of coffee though, I'm all about some Costco.

Update- 15/40 Delo is $ 12.97 a gallon @ Wal Mart & you don't have to buy a 3 gallon case like @ COSTCO

Last edited:
Must be a regional thing, Just got our Costco ad in the mail and Costco in Lincoln and Omaha carry Delo, Shell Rotella and Chevron supreme oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back