AmazonBasics Oil May Drive Prices Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Zee09
Most brand loyalty is due to fancy labels and advertising. ( the reality- we are talking market dominance)
Amazon has none of that and I'm ashamed that you brag up a oil that lacks many certs- lol
Me- I don't care either way. I wouldn't not use it but I'm not going to order any in the near future either.

I didn't "brag up" anything, I said that was a pretty good price for an A3/B4 oil which it is.

I'm not ordering any in the near future either when I can go to Walmart for Castrol 0W-40 for about $4.80 a quart (and get all the "missing" certs).

Just yanking your chain. Merry Christmas to you and yours...……….

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
I just bought super tech syn Dexos cert 5Qt bottle at walmart for $15 and some change. M1, Penz, QS Valv all 22 to 27 and change. For a 2 dollar premium maybe. For $12, No Way.

Rod

I only buy M1, Penz, and the like with rebate. So it ends up being cheaper than ST.

Amazon oil will have no effect on prices.
It is Warren Oil and WM has it cheaper everyday.
Maybe some Amazon zombies will buy it just because it's Amazon.

Originally Posted by Dallas69

I don't think the effect will be huge, but it will be there.

I already order Castrol 0w40 as well as filters for my BMW on Amazon. It is the same price as WalMart and I save the cost of fuel/hassle of going there. Think about everything else on Amazon that people buy and why they buy it. It is usually slightly cheaper, and can be delivered right to their door.

My options for oil/filters are WalMart (cheapest, but furthest away), Autozone (expensive, lacks choices), Advance (expensive, also lacks stock), and Napa (better than the previous two, but closes right when I get out of work).

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by Dallas69

I don't think the effect will be huge, but it will be there.

I already order Castrol 0w40 as well as filters for my BMW on Amazon. It is the same price as WalMart and I save the cost of fuel/hassle of going there. Think about everything else on Amazon that people buy and why they buy it. It is usually slightly cheaper, and can be delivered right to their door.

My options for oil/filters are WalMart (cheapest, but furthest away), Autozone (expensive, lacks choices), Advance (expensive, also lacks stock), and Napa (better than the previous two, but closes right when I get out of work).

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I buy Castrol EDGE 5 quart jugs from Amazon as well the Fram Ultra filter for both my cars. If is cheaper at Walmart (and in stock - this has been an issue for some time), I will buy it there (1mile from house). If not, I'll source it from Amazon and get in in two days.

I do agree with everyone here that Amazon is an excellent company to shop from.
No need for Amazon Prime to get free shipping, I bought a $9 can opener and get free shipping in 5 - 6 days.

I've bought Amazon stock since 2010 and they will keep growing and delivering even more services and innovations.

AWS is the 'Rolex Gold Standard'....

Highly doubt it. It's about the same price as Super Tech from Wal-Mart, +/-. Pennzoil with the $10 rebate is a lot cheaper until end of this month.

Originally Posted by knerml
They are predicting that Amazon's offering their own brand of oil will drive consumer prices down for oil, overall.

AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil (SN Plus, dexos1-Gen2) 5W-30 is priced at $17.27 for 5 qts.

NOTE: Their "European Formula" 0W40 does not list any VW/Audi, BMW or MB certification on the bottle.

Unless Amazon starts their own drilling I don't see how. Amazon oil is just Warren same as supertech and mag1.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Horse number2...

It will not effect anything.

...†...†...†. I like how you answer the question directly.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
May drive prices down LOL you don't know Amazoom very well do you? Jeffie didn't get to be the worlds richest guy by giving everyone a deal.

I think he did get rich by giving everyone a deal.
Just sayin'...

Super tech has been around for a long time, it has a solid reputation, and is cheaper. Also Walmart sells way more oil than Amazon, along with trans fluid, and has established contracts and will be able to under price Amazon always.

You don't have to pay a membership fee which is a big plus!

Same free shipping with small minimum purchase from Walmart, and they usually tape the bottles shut unlike Amazon.

Rural King has the lowest private label oil prices of anyone I believe.

Reviews on engine oil are irrelevant to me.

And for some reason Home Depot has the sales on SOPUS oil under $10 for 5qt jug, which is cheaper than all of them.

Last edited:
Amazon and Ebay are already bringing down prices, I never buy my oil at Napa it is 14.95 a qrt there, online I can get it 3 bucks cheaper shipped free. the internet brings down oil prices all by itself, as well as Costco and Walmart. To date the m1 costco deal is still one of the greatest constant deals on oil anywhere. On sale every other week, 4 dollars and chnage per qrt, and napa sells that at 9 bucks. Thanks internet!

Originally Posted by 2strokeNorthstar
Tractor Supply is even cheaper when on sale. Same WPP stuff. Works fine for my F150

Wrong Warren I believe. Warren Distribution makes the Amazon oil.

Warren Petroleum Products is a different and separate company. The two get confused all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back