QuickJack BL-5000SLX and my Optima...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eye on a nice jack system for a while now and came across the QuickJack system a year or so ago. I was impressed at the features and the value. This fall, Costco started having them in the store at a killer price of $999 and I had to jump on it!

If you get one, download the latest setup manual from their website, watch about an hours worth of their YouTube videos and you'll be fine. I purchased four rubber slotted-pucks for the pinch welds off of Amazon (QuickJack wanted a fortune for theirs) since all my cars have them for ~$15.

The biggest reason I wanted one is so that I could get my rotund body (6'-2", 300lb) completely under the car from front to back on a creeper. This would have been super useful to install the bolt-on exhaust system, rear CF diffuser, aluminum crank pulley, installing my upgraded TruHart struts/shocks/Eibach springs, painting my brake calipers, etc/etc. I have all that done now but still, going forward now I have far easier access to all that with this system.

BTW: This is FAR too much hassle to use for quick oil/filter changes (I have a combo ramp/wood wedge setup for that purpose).

Anyway, I used this for my wife's Rogue just to play with it and it worked great HOWEVER I was highly ticked off when I went to use it with my Optima - it was too short!
The correct one to buy would have been the BL-5000EXT which is a bit longer and fits the pinch welds on the Optima and is about ~$100 more, BUT Costco did not have that version in stock and the cheapest one I saw online was ~$1.5K or so.

Well, QuickJack has a "solution" with their SLX frame extension kit, which I purchased for $199. Now the system can be used on all my cars (both short and long wheelbase). They also have special extensions for truck owners that you might want to look into.

Next issue to tackle was that with the added SLX frame extension parts and being that my car is lowered (by ~1.25"), it had a hard time fitting under the Optima just right. So I cut some 1"x3" wood blocks for stacking the rear rubber slotted pucks on and also cut down two of my older urethane slotted pucks for the front pinch welds and just barely got it to fit without hitting anything but the pinch welds. I spend about half an hour nudging it around "just so" but it worked! Next time it should go up much faster.

https://www.quickjack.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh3gUJoRQuA

Last edited:
This is the second thread on the QuickJack in as many weeks, definitely has my interest piqued now.

Why are you still jacking it from the welds? I thought the whole idea of a lift like that is that you can protect your pinchies and jack from the frame or body mounts? I have a lowered car too, I feel your pain.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
This is the second thread on the QuickJack in as many weeks, definitely has my interest piqued now.

Why are you still jacking it from the welds? I thought the whole idea of a lift like that is that you can protect your pinchies and jack from the frame or body mounts? I have a lowered car too, I feel your pain.

Using the factory lift points (the pinch welds in my application) is just the safest and least damaging way to lift the car while being able to remove the wheels as well (if desired).

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN

They also have special extensions for truck owners that you might want to look into.

The max weight limit for the lift is 5,000lbs. Full size trucks would be over that limit.

Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN

They also have special extensions for truck owners that you might want to look into.

The max weight limit for the lift is 5,000lbs. Full size trucks would be over that limit.

That's just for THAT version. They have a 7,000 lb version made of heavier gauge metal which can lift SUV's/Trucks.

I am loving mine. I can fit underneath my super duty so that's not a problem. The genesis is another story. To change the oil in that car you have to remove 2 panels from underneath the car, 3/4 the cars length. Plus it sits fairly low. The quickjack made working underneath a breeze. It's an expensive solution but I like it

Originally Posted by maxdustington

He's using "rubber slotted-pucks" to lift the vehicle. The QuickJack ships with hard rubber mounts and you can buy extra slotted ones (OP went to Amazon instead). The mounts fit in a tray on the front and rear of each lift and the user just positions them under the lift points of their vehicle (pinch welds or inserts).

With the elimination of dipsticks for so many makes the QuickJack is a blessing in disguise. I would buy one in a flash if possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back