15 Grand Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to look at a 15 Grand Caravan SXT with 73k miles. Anything in particular to look for on these? Thanks!

Rear air conditioning, check to make sure it blows cold and since it shares the compressor and R134 with the front its's easier to check there. The tubes running to the rear evaporator where they come from outside/under the vehicle get small cracks and leak out all the freon. The fix can be from $1-2K. I just usually block the lines and run the front only. More than enough unless maybe you are in Death Valley or Texas. There is also an oil pressure sensor at the rear of the intake manifold that fails. $50 for a sensor and a socket and some nimble fingers. Dealer $500-700. Just lights the check engine light. There is another sensor that actually reads pressure for engine management.

I'm thinking an SXT with 73k in really great condition should be from $12-15K. A new SXT is around $24-28K

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
Going to look at a 15 Grand Caravan SXT with 73k miles. Anything in particular to look for on these? Thanks!

I've got a 2015 SXT. only issue has been a bad gas cap.

Make sure the brakes are checked. Mine doesn't have rear AC because I know the rear lines will fail so I bought one without it.

I just bought an '18 in October and have 13,000km on it already... We also have a '12, '14, '16 in the family. All have been exceptional.
My dad's 2012 has 300K on it and hasn't done anything but the belt/battery/brakes/tires and plugs twice.

Change the transmission fluid regularly along with the filter and you will be golden. With 73K miles I would do it right away and then again after say 10K miles and the go every 50K miles from there. You can get a Dorman pan with a drain plug on Amazon and Dorman also makes the dipstick tool if you want dead accurate measurements. 62TE is the transmission paired with the PentaStar 3.6L V6.

Last edited:
We have 7 - 2015 Caravans as fleet vehicles. So far no major issues. They are hard on brakes and tires but that is most likely a $10 an hour driver issue. they are at about 30-40,000 miles at this time.
There is a special warranty program for the a/c blend door control and most of ours have been done, also one van had the rocker arms come loose and was repaired under warranty-new camshaft.& rocker arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back