Rev X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right group to ask this in, but has anyone used RevX additive? Recently I starting hearing from some very knowledgeable guys that are swearing by it. It's expensive, to the tune of $32/4oz. I've put it into a 2011 Ford F150 3.5 ecoboost with 251,000k miles that makes a bunch of racket on cold starts. Sounds like really loud lifters knocking. This stuff made it silent about 95% of the time, but just wondered if anyone else has tried it...

0008078_rev-x-performance-oil-additive.jpeg

Originally Posted by BigShug681
I've only seen it marketed at 7.3/6.0 PSD owners to "fix" stiction issues.

Oh. I thought they had a line specifically for diesels and this one was for gasoline engines. Shows how little I know about it.

I think that Ecoboost might need the timing chain.. and phasers changed for new ones. You should verify if the noise comes from the front cover area.

It's interesting that on their website not only do they have zero quantitative evidence that the additive does anything (which is typical), they don't even have a page of useless testimonials. Generally this sort of thing at least has a bunch of emails and letters saying how wonderful it is. Did I miss that part of the site?

They do have pictures of some big 'ol bro trucks though and one is rolling coal. Maybe that substitutes for the testimonial page.

This stuff along with ARCHOIL is the holy grail in the 6.0 PSD world. Guys swear by it to cure HEUI injection issues, can't say I've ever heard of it being used in a GDI turbo motor...

Originally Posted by racin4ds
This stuff along with ARCHOIL is the holy grail in the 6.0 PSD world. Guys swear by it to cure HEUI injection issues, can't say I've ever heard of it being used in a GDI turbo motor...

only way to cure stiction once it starts is new injectors. It may drag out their death but once it starts it's never gona rebuild itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back