Chevy Commercial Parody

Status
Not open for further replies.
IBTL
35.gif
36.gif

Well, this isn't untrue..

It's kind of fallen off the news here, but there was concern with the temps at the local truck plant loosing their jobs to full time employees relocating from the closed plants.

As "parodies" go it was fairly shallow, predictable as heck and stultifying in its repetition.

When first I saw that commercial aired the joke genre followed automatically.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Well, this isn't untrue..

It's kind of fallen off the news here, but there was concern with the temps at the local truck plant loosing their jobs to full time employees relocating from the closed plants.

Kind of the definition of Temp.

Rod

Say it isn't so, a Company building products that are selling poorly decides to stop producing those products and closes the plants making those products.

Absolutely shocking, never heard of such a thing ever happening before. My faith in lifetime employment in one company for your entire career is now officially shattered.

I just don't know why our guv'mint doesn't declare that we all want econoboxes, Chevy Spark or Fiat 500 or a Smart or whatever. No air conditioning, minimal heat allowed north of the 38th parallel. No SUV or trucks allowed except to businesses with approved needs.

GOLLY GEE, such an obvious solution?

Oh, and any color you want as long as it's black.

Originally Posted by George Bynum
I just don't know why our guv'mint doesn't declare that we all want econoboxes, Chevy Spark or Fiat 500 or a Smart or whatever. No air conditioning, minimal heat allowed north of the 38th parallel. No SUV or trucks allowed except to businesses with approved needs.

GOLLY GEE, such an obvious solution?

Oh, and any color you want as long as it's black.

Soon George soon.

I fail to see any humor in this video.

If only we had a political commentary, or satire, section of BITOG...

Clearly the comedian that made the video, intended it more as a jab at GM's hypocrisy. I'm sure a good percentage of the 14k people who are 'part of the "Real people" GM family' and are getting canned, can appreciate it.

I see the point being made. I don't disagree with the comedian making it.

But it's not humor.

Nothing funny about people losing their jobs. Particularly right before the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back