MotorGuard M100 install on Triton V10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Luke,

The V10 is running great thanks and looks like I'm slowly turning the corner on the dirty oil as well.:) I'm at 3200 miles on this roll and it's still flowing oil, it's a trickle but still flowing which is the highest I've ever gone. I check it once a week, being winter now it's not hot at this flow rate, but flowing nonetheless. I find when it gets to this flow rate I'm not far from it completely blocking. Before I park this truck in 3-4 months I'll take the last oil analysis and see what the improvements are if any. With any luck my F350 should be finished by then, I've now got the engine mounts made and working on the trans mount next week, getting closer to the finish line.")

Cheers

Harling

Originally Posted by A310
Hi Luke,

The V10 is running great thanks and looks like I'm slowly turning the corner on the dirty oil as well.:) I'm at 3200 miles on this roll and it's still flowing oil, it's a trickle but still flowing which is the highest I've ever gone. I check it once a week, being winter now it's not hot at this flow rate, but flowing nonetheless. I find when it gets to this flow rate I'm not far from it completely blocking. Before I park this truck in 3-4 months I'll take the last oil analysis and see what the improvements are if any. With any luck my F350 should be finished by then, I've now got the engine mounts made and working on the trans mount next week, getting closer to the finish line.")

Cheers

Harling

Glad to hear the V10 is well and that your F350 is closer to putting diesel soot into bypass filters again!

Since my 4Runner doesn't return via the oil cap but instead through a fixed fitting I'm not sure what the flow rate of my filter is, I'm curious but not curious enough to take the line off to check. Maybe my thinking is flawed but so long as the filter canister is hot to the touch after my 20-30 minutes of driving home from work I'll leave this filter in service. Once I get to ~5,000 on this element which will be 6,000 on the oil I'll pull a sample for analysis as well to compare.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by A310
Hi Luke,

Cheers

Harling

Glad to hear the V10 is well and that your F350 is closer to putting diesel soot into bypass filters again!

Since my 4Runner doesn't return via the oil cap but instead through a fixed fitting I'm not sure what the flow rate of my filter is, I'm curious but not curious enough to take the line off to check. Maybe my thinking is flawed but so long as the filter canister is hot to the touch after my 20-30 minutes of driving home from work I'll leave this filter in service. Once I get to ~5,000 on this element which will be 6,000 on the oil I'll pull a sample for analysis as well to compare.

Cheers!

Your method is fine, as long as it's warm or hot it's working fine.:) On my 4-53T I'll be returning the oil line to the oil pan, so I'll be using the same method as well.

Winter is here, Excursion on a road trip to Danville today for Detroit parts.:)

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

Last week I picked up a natural blower (rebuilt), 353T silver blower with the bypass plate, some injectors, and a box of seals and assorted parts.:) This week I picked up a 58 tooth reluctor ring, RPM sensor, 4 cummins engine mounts I'm using for the Detroit, and a Toyota wiper control I plan on converting to a Jake control switch. I already have six 7A77 injectors ready to install.:)

IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5926.JPG

IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back