Any experience with Amsoil antifreeze in Kia/Hyundai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great product, just like other AMSOIL stuff. That said, I don't personally bother because I can get licensed Dex-Cool and Zerex G-05 for cheaper. Dex for my GM and G-05 for my Ford. If I wanted to consolidate coolants I'd go with the AMSOIL, but I just don't see the point. What's the OE recommendation for coolant for your Kia?

skyactiv, it's 2017 model but purchased in 08/2016 and has almost 30k on it. I just changed it and Pentofrost A2 is what dealer uses, I just bought it and got it changed by a friend mechanic. Factory filled fluid came out pretty dark.
For now, out of curiosity I just explore different options if I should stay with OEM forever.

Last edited:
I topped of my 2017 Elantra with A2. I would like to use it forever. Only heard good things about Pentofrost. It makes sense to use it for a drain and refill when needed since I have it on hand.

IME Amsoil products are solid but, as dogememe suggested, i dont see a benefit unless you want to consolidate. Pentofrost products are solid, too. Given that you just changed it, it will perform well for the interval recommended by Pentofrost (5 yrs???).

Originally Posted by RyanY
IME Amsoil products are solid but, as dogememe suggested, i dont see a benefit unless you want to consolidate. Pentofrost products are solid, too. Given that you just changed it, it will perform well for the interval recommended by Pentofrost (5 yrs???).

Exactly. The whole reason I use AMSOIL is to save money long term, and in this situation it isn't going to SAVE OP any money so it's pointless. In a fleet situation or if OP did maintenance for a whole family worth of cars consolidating to AMSOIL coolant across all of them would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back