Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I haven't been there forever.
I don't like anyone working on my vehicles unless I have to.
So this is where I'm at.
I found it interesting that PB works on the little things in the parking lot.
I took my mothers car in for a battery- they install it for free and the price was great and no returning a battery etc.

It bothered me a bit that they wheel out a shopping cart and do the work out where you park it.
They were working on three other cars-looked like batteries and air and cabin filters etc.

Now they did a perfect job on my mothers car which required air ducts to be removed etc. Very clean and done right.
But it does look funky to me the way they operate. Oh well- was $95 cheaper than the dealer. Can't complain.

That is actually a smart idea, given that it probably takes more time to drive the car in and out of the bay than it does to actually change the battery. And if a car needs a battery, they can't even be sure whether the car will even start the first time, so they'd have to jump start the car, then hope will last long enough to drive the car into the bay to change the battery

It probably does take less time to just wheel the shopping cart and change the battery in the parking lot
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
That is actually a smart idea...

Agreed.

Why would you want one of them driving your car if they didn't need to ?

Ideally, I would have wanted to install it myself and walk the old battery back into the store.

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
That is actually a smart idea...

Agreed.

Why would you want one of them driving your car if they didn't need to ?

Ideally, I would have wanted to install it myself and walk the old battery back into the store.

Funny you mention that
They have signs everywhere working on your car in the lot is prohibited...……………
No big deal- but new to me and they did it right.

That's weird. My friend that works at PB said that they cant work on anything if its not in the shop. I often do ac recharges and such in our parking lot because we only have 1 bay. If the weather is nice out why not? better than being cooped up in a dimly lit shop all day. Plus semi trucks wont fit in our door so those are always done outside.

It was raining too
frown.gif

The mechanics all seemed rather unhappy with life- I know that feeling myself.....
I guess it gets real old quick like anything else

I only go to Pep Boys for their huge selection of waxes, polishes and other paint and tire maintenance needs, lot's of good name brands.
11.gif

Originally Posted by KGMtech
The parking lot has been the workshop for Canadians at Canadian Tire for generations !!

So true! I even saw some guy with his car up on 4 jackstands the other night in the CT parking lot, after the store was closed! I hope he had everything he needed to get the job done!

AutoZone, O'Reilly's and Advance all do the same thing - - work on the cars in the parking lot. They don't have service bays.

When I worked at a similar tire store we generally brought the cars in so we could do the mandated 94-point (upsell) checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back