97.5 Regal GS climate control illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is the right section to post this in, if not please move it. I have a 97.5 Regal GS with automatic climate control. The problem I am having isn't the typical problem these have. The display works fine and all functions work correctly. The problem I am having is that none of the buttons illuminate at night, when the headlamps come on. I have two sets of climate controls and both react the exact same way. I have tested the bulbs for continuity and it seems that the circuit and bulbs are fine. Does anyone possibly have the pin-outs or schematics for the wiring going into this unit? I am trying to find which wire is feeding the unit with power for the illumination. From testing the board itself, I have narrowed it down to 3 wires in the circuit, but it helps to know which one I should be testing. Thanks in advance for your help. You guys are always very helpful!

I can't help you directly BUT your public library might let you at an online resource like Mitchell-on-demand through their web portal, from the comfort of your house.

if you check resistance with it plugged in the bulbs if the cluster will trick you.
if you take it apart you will likely find 1 or more bulbs open.
these are run series parallel in the trucks and yours may also.
loss of 1 bulb takes out 2.
i replace with leds and appropriate resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back