MWI Micro Wave Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Interesting. The German Govt has given billions in EV subsidies so I would not be surprised if they put the kibosh on it.

And they continue to generate about 50% of their power from fossil fuels, after exiting nuclear.
Some of these graphs seem contradictory to me, but interesting .
https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/germanys-energy-consumption-and-power-mix-charts
And here's another take
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09...ogram-exposed-as-a-catastrophic-failure/

The applied physics makers sense.

The problem will be to engineer and integrate those uWave components to reliably function in the engine compartment environment.

Looks promising to me. Spark plugs are over a century old. Same with valves. I was skeptical about EFI and look how well that works Also the infra structure exists to support ICE. Right now the realties for electricity are CO2 creating or nuclear. For cars it is either ICE or Mr Fusion
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by MolaKule
The applied physics makers sense.
The problem will be to engineer and integrate those uWave components to reliably function in the engine compartment environment.

Here's a man who has been involved with product development in the real world...I can tell from these two sentences.
I hope it works out in the end, sounds like cool and potentially useful technology.

Interesting to say the least. Okay, lets say it reduces emissions significantly, but is considering what we are tracking out the pipe now...what about release of microwaves to the ambient environment? I know at home that my wifi is affected when I run the kitchen microwave, so if this technology causes any interference to our connected devices...it's doomed !!

What could be cool, is to integrate this technology to a wankel engine, as the large path the spark must travel to ignite the mixture in the wankel engine might be solved with this new tech?

Or hydro, solar, and wind.. Too intermittent and hard on wild life. They are options too. Every little bit helps. I have grandchildren. I want to leave them the best Earth possible
grin2.gif

How will microwave ign differ from plasma ignition systems? Carrier frequency being restricted to the microwave band?

edit: looks like the difference between HVDC and AC

Last edited:
...shareholders include ex-Porsche CEO Wendelin Wiedeking,...German startup...

Can't help but notice this. Is this the shell that electrical warrior VAG will use to "ICE launder"?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by KGMtech
...what about release of microwaves to the ambient environment? I know at home that my wifi is affected when I run the kitchen microwave, so if this technology causes any interference to our connected devices...

I think you are confusing EMI with RFI.

There are other components in a microwave oven that emit RFI (like a poorly shielded transformer)

That has NOTHING to do with "microwaves in the environment".... the two are completely separate.

Remember the olden days in cars with AM radios, and when you drove under power lines and the radio got static-y?

Yeah, those weren't microwaves, either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back