8k Miles on M1 EP 2017 Subaru 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 45k on the Subaru now and she appears well broken in. Attached is the Blackstone report. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 357
Looks good to me. I always like to see TBN. Other places provide oxidation also.

I would ignore Blackstone comments and keep it between 6K and 8K OCI. Especially under engine warranty.

I'm content with 8k. Took me a while to get there! I'm from the every 3k generation.

Usually Subarus especially turbocharged ones tend to have more oil consumption with Mobil 1 5w30. I would switch to Mobil 1 0w40 if staying with the same brand and continue your oil change interval.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I'm content with 8k. Took me a while to get there! I'm from the every 3k generation.

Yes 3k in dino days and a long, long time on M1 or VSP for 5k … by the time I added PP or HDEO to the mix … was at 7500 and since my OLM's land near that … good enough …

Originally Posted by BISCUT

LOL 3 / 3 is a good interval for weak dino and carburetors....

Looks good. I just bought one myself. I'm curious about your oil makeup since they had the ring problem a few years ago. Half a quart over 8k miles looks pretty good. Is it consistent? I'm running the M1 5W-30 now and thinking about the 10W-30 year round down here in Houston.

Originally Posted by Matagonka
Good job at wiping out your personal info, lol.

LOL.

OP, if you log into your Blackstone account online, you can view / download a report that automatically removes all your personal data. Just an FYI for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back