Hyundai motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to this not from your computer.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
smile.gif

I changed the link.

Originally Posted by StevieC
smile.gif

Here, straight to ]Amazon

Hyundai oilbank.

I would have thought total lubricants.

Hyundai Oilbank Co., South Korea's first private oil refining company. Harmain has launched engine oil of Hyundai OilBank "XTeer"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BigShug681
Does Hyundai actually blend it or is it more of a rebrand kind of deal

From what I can tell Hyundai blends these oils in a Korean refinery...I would imagine they are FF in South Korean built Hyundais...Here's a quote from their website:
"Hyundai Oilbank Co., South Korea's first private oil refining company. Harmain has launched engine oil of Hyundai OilBank "XTeer" Brand now in Cambodia."

Considering the multiyear agreement Hyundai has with Shell, this is interesting.

Originally Posted by wemay
Considering the multiyear agreement Hyundai has with Shell, this is interesting.

Since Hyundai builds a lot of cars here in the USA, I would imagine their agreement with SOPUS is more a logistics thing....in other words it's cheaper to source lubricants from SOPUS than importing them from SK....Again, I'm only guessing this...

PS: $21.90 for 6 liters of synthetic oil is pretty reasonable....if they had 5w20 I might have tried it.

Originally Posted by pbm

Since Hyundai builds a lot of cars here in the USA, I would imagine their agreement with SOPUS is more a logistics thing....in other words it's cheaper to source lubricants from SOPUS than importing them from SK....Again, I'm only guessing this...

PS: $21.90 for 6 liters of synthetic oil is pretty reasonable....if they had 5w20 I might have tried it.

Makes sense.

Originally Posted by pbm

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/HYUNDAI-Xtee...mp;psc=1&refRID=M3J6V18TCMX5A3Y0ZGAW

Probably because the Shell agreement that was started in 2015 will expire so they found a new oil company to advertise for.https://www.shell.com/business-customers/lubricants-for-business/news-and-media-releases/2015/hyundai-recommends-shell-as-preferred-aftermarket-oil-supplier-f.html

It should be noted that Hyundai/Kia's presence outside the US is huge. It's not only passenger vehicles. Busses, trucks and commercial vehicles are big sellers in many parts of the globe.

They are so huge the automotive business is just one small part of the pie.

Originally Posted by pbm

5W20 is on amazon.

I'll bet they have a contract of agreement that lets them put Hyundai oil in Shell bottles.

That type of thing actually happens all over the world, you know.....

From armtdm a member on one of my Hyundai forums. he wrote to the company listed on Amazon.

Good morning! All oils are API SN/ILSAC GF-5 and have the API certification, that is checked in the API org website, but the Donut Starbust is not printed in the bottle labels. You can check all the specs in the hyundaixteer or xtremelub online.

Also, It's produced in Hyundai Oilbank Daesan factory in Chungnam, South Korea, which has total of 390 thousand barrels of petroleum refinement capabilities per day including the 110 thousand barrel from
1st factory and 280 thousand from 2nd factory. Hyundai Oilbank has established Hyundai Shell Base Oil factory which produce 650 thousand ton of lubricants per year by cooperating with Shell in 2012.
In 2013, Hyundai Oilbank has completed the vertical systematization of lubricant business of oil refining-lube base oil-lubricant by releasing the HYUNDAI XTeer, a vehicle lubricant. Also, It's produced in Hyundai Oilbank Daesan factory in Chungnam, South Korea, which has total of 390 thousand barrels of petroleum refinement capabilities per day.

If you have any other question, let us know. Regards, Fabio Vieira Xtreme Lub - Exclusive Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back