Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 10W-60

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://www.shell.com/business-cust...shell-and-maserati-launch-motor-oil.html

Originally Posted by SHELL

SHELL AND MASERATI LAUNCH NEW EXCLUSIVE CO-BRANDED MOTOR OIL

Shell and Maserati are introducing a brand new co-branded motor oil known as Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 10W-60 - the only recommended on all Maserati's 2018 models across the globe equipped with the V6 Gasoline engine. This new product follows the previous Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 5W-40 for Maserati's 2017 models.

Maserati 2018 models
Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 10W-60 is the only recommended motor oil for all 2018 Maserati models.
This new co-branded motor oil is part of Shell's ongoing deal with Maserati as its exclusive lubricants supplier, which runs until 2020. The Maserati's 2018 cars (V6 Gasoline engine) will get a first fill of the new product from the production lines in Modena and Turin, Italy. The product will also be available as refills at any one of the over 450 authorized Maserati dealerships around the world.

Maserati's discerning customers can therefore be confident that their Maserati car is continuously serviced with the most high-quality motor oil manufactured by Shell to provide Maserati's engines with high performance and engine protection throughout the car's lifespan.

"After the successful collaboration put in place for 5W-40, Maserati and Shell worked again together to develop a new co-branded motor oil specifically formulated and tested to optimize the power of our engines. Shell shares with us the same commitment to provide outstanding performances with passion for excellence and innovation, that's why we chose their technical excellence for our cars", said Rosberto Mcginnis, Head of Maserati Parts & Service, Maserati Spa.

Patrick Carre, Shell's Global Vice President for Lubricants Key Accounts, adds, "This new product, combined with our renewed deal takes our collaboration with Maserati to the next level. Our new product gives Maserati's customers access to a world class co-branded product endorsed by Maserati - Shell Helix Ultra Maserati, which ensures that Maserati's customers continues to have their high-performance engines protected by high-quality motor oil featuring the latest in lubricants innovation, Shell PurePlus Technology."

The fully synthetic premium engine oil is specially formulated to meet the engine requirements of Maserati's engines. Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 10W-60 uses Shell's unique gas-to-liquid (GTL)-based PurePlus Technology and is designed in collaboration with Maserati to meet the technical needs of their engines. The motor oil is formulated to further optimize the performance of Maserati engines by stabilizing lubricity under extreme temperatures and providing excellent oxidation protection. In layman's terms, this means better engine protection against wear and corrosion.

Cool. And on this side of the Pond, here is the Pennzoil Euro 5w40 approved by Maserati. I'm thinking there is a link.

ECB68F0D-958D-4200-89EA-33AAAD0817B9.jpeg

BBBA942B-E1CB-4EA5-9E87-BBA153BBE36E.jpeg

I'd bet $1,000,000 that car would last just as long with the same Rotella T6 5W-40 found on every shelf in the USA.

I would have a VERY, very hard time believing there's "anything special" about their "exclusively branded" oil.

Rotella T6 being a HDEO, how / why would it be a preferable choice to a standard ACEA A3/B3 or A3/B4 oil like Mobil, Pennzoil and such manufacture? And why a shift from 5w40 to 10w60?

It might be a bit historical. There were times in the States, and more recently in Canada, when A3/B4 oils were very hard to get, and when you could get them, only in costly one quart bottles. Of course, that's improved significantly over the past number of years.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I'd bet $1,000,000 that car would last just as long with the same Rotella T6 5W-40 found on every shelf in the USA.

I would have a VERY, very hard time believing there's "anything special" about their "exclusively branded" oil.

No doubt, but Maserati is an elevated enough brand that they can justify a branded oil. And most buyers the brand attracts won't know any better.

Different oils for different applications, also different part of the world I'd say.
I wish I could get the SHU 5W40 here, but can only get the T6 in 5W40 or 0W40, sadly. But it's good to know I'll be able to find the 10W60 at every Maserati dealer
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Cool. And on this side of the Pond, here is the Pennzoil Euro 5w40 approved by Maserati.

Which was on sale all last week at CTire stores (at least in Ontario).

Originally Posted by Popsy
Different oils for different applications, also different part of the world I'd say.
I wish I could get the SHU 5W40 here, but can only get the T6 in 5W40 or 0W40, sadly. But it's good to know I'll be able to find the 10W60 at every Maserati dealer
lol.gif

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=helix+ultra&brandNo%5B0%5D=100260

lol.gif

You can get 5 Litre SHU 5W40 from carparts4less (Eurocarparts) for 28 Euro delivered to France using the current discount code

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...-engine-oil/?521772211&0&cc5_248

Thanks
wink.gif

France is easy, I can get it in almost any supermarket (but can't get the T6, although I can get the Rimula)...but my location isn't updated, I'm lost in Canada.
What makes most sense here ($ wise) is M1 0W40 as the closest equivalent A3/B4. That or the T6, cause for some reason Castrol 0W40 is much more expensive than the other two.

What makes most sense here ($ wise) is M1 0W40 as the closest equivalent A3/B4. That or the T6, cause for some reason Castrol 0W40 is much more expensive than the other two.

That is the main reason why I never liked Castrol...

I attributed higher price to the fact that since Castrol is only a blender (made up mark) and not a real producer (like Shell, BP, Agip...), that its higher price comes only to cover expensive advertisement costs and that it has nothing to do with its(better??? ) performances whatsoever
smile.gif

Last edited:
lol.gif

In a pinch try this.

6ACA1E16-96A1-48FA-B144-71DA8E796A4F.jpeg

Originally Posted by Kamele0N

That is the main reason why I never liked Castrol...

I attributed higher price to the fact that since Castrol is only a blender (made up mark) and not a real producer (like Shell, BP, Agip...), that its higher price comes only to cover expensive advertisement costs and that it has nothing to do with its(better??? ) performances whatsoever
smile.gif

BP owns Castrol.When you buy a castrol product,it's produced by BP.Castrol was the brand name used by the Wakefield oil company,founded in 1899, after they started to use castor oil in their formulas.

Back