FordTechMakuloco talks oil with a nice real world anecdote

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Originally Posted by FordTechMakuloco
Is the Higher Cost of Amsoil Red Line and Royal Purple Worth it Over Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1?

I'm more interested in what air filter he used, and at what interval he changed it.

Last edited:
Thats how one of our 6.0 vortecs looked with 340k, 5k OCI's driven since new by the same employee, untill one of the head haskets blew, cross hatches were still vissible I was surprised how good the engine looked that I decided to just put new head gaskets and have the heads resurfaced and lapped the valves.

Thanks wemay for sharing that. It's good to watch a video when the host isn't trying to make it all about him or her and actually focus on the subject.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
At 4:28 did he say "We've got some cam lobe wear"? Cam shouldn't be worn at only 130K,right?

I don't think he said there was any cam lobe wear, he kept saying how there was virtually no wear on this engine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Thanks wemay for sharing that. It's good to watch a video when the host isn't trying to make it all about him or her and actually focus on the subject.

Yes, i also appreciate that he isn't bashing Amsoil. Redline etc., just saying they aren't needed.

The recommended oils' performance and manufacturer-recommended OCIs in most cases are a good match. It is when extending the OCI significantly that using an oil with increased oxidation stability and deposit control may be a benefit. Likewise for the rare cases when the recommended OCI is too long for the recommended oils, such as in the early to mid 2000s' VW 1.8T engines. Wear control is generally good.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
At 4:28 did he say "We've got some cam lobe wear"? Cam shouldn't be worn at only 130K,right?

listen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back