Pentosin brake fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a MityVac vacuum bleeder that's already been used so it can't be returned. May as well use it now....

I was impressed with how well the gravity bleed worked, so I was hooked.
wink.gif

hallstevenson: I don't blame you. I'm still thinking about a pressure bleeder after all that, too. I was just pleased at how well the gravity bleed went. It won't help you do a brake job in record time, but it's certainly straightforward enough.

It takes more time (certainly more work!) to jack the corner up and remove the wheel than it takes to bleed (sufficient) fluid. The bleeding part could take as little as 2 minutes if you want. My son and I weren't in a rush so we took our time.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Planning to do a fluid exchange on our Fusion which Ford specs as using DOT 4 LV brake fluid. I can get Pentosin DOT 4 LV locally for $15-18 for a liter. I'm not against Motorcraft fluid but it's twice as expensive from a local dealer ($16 for a pint). I did an exchange on my G35 recently and used less than a liter to do that. Did I get 100% of the old fluid out ? Maybe not but others with similar models (or 350Z models) indicated they used between 750ml to under 1000ml so I feel okay with the amount swapped.

Is this Pentosin good stuff ?

On a related topic, anyone use something like this DOT 4 LV in a car that only specs DOT 3 or DOT 4 ? Pentosin, for example, says it's backwards-compatible, even the LV variety.

Most Ford's in Europe probably come with Pentosin brake fluid anyway.
It is top notch stuff, and probably higher quality tan Motorcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back