Santa arrived in a brown delivery truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should work killer in your 6.0 PSD!! I'm really wanting to run it in my 05 but I just can't cough up the $35/jug plus that darn shipping and having to be a "member" to not get charged MSRP.

I just wish AMSOIL would put the darn stuff on the shelf at major chains and make it easy!!! I hate boutique oil marketing but I love the AMSOIL product!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
That should work killer in your 6.0 PSD!! I'm really wanting to run it in my 05 but I just can't cough up the $35/jug plus that darn shipping and having to be a "member" to not get charged MSRP.

I just wish AMSOIL would put the darn stuff on the shelf at major chains and make it easy!!! I hate boutique oil marketing but I love the AMSOIL product!

It's actually not that bad you get set up with a Preferred customer account and then anything over $100 is free shipping. At first it may seem pricey but when extending drain intervals on this truck from 5k to 15k it pays for itself.

Originally Posted by bbslider001
Just say NO to Amsoil, LOL.....are you doing long OCIs? UOAs? Just curious...

Yes I'm currently running 15k mile OCI

Originally Posted by BigShug681

Same interval as what M1 EP guarantees.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Same interval as what M1 EP guarantees.

Not for a diesel, Ep isn't even a diesel oil

Ah right, sorry.

Does Amsoil warrant their Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel oil past the manufacturer's recommendation without oil analysis?

Originally Posted by kschachn

Ah right, sorry.

Does Amsoil warrant their Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel oil past the manufacturer's recommendation without oil analysis?

It's service interval is 3X the manufacturers recommended OCI, that being said I do believe it is covered so long as after that time frame you provide analysis saying the oil was still good. If I find out more I will post it

The only thing I would say is that the 6.0 is the LAST diesel I would be extending OIs on, but that's up to you. I guess you need to ask yourself is the benefit REALLY that much over going a cheaper syn or even a dino and doing 5k intervals? If it were a 7.3 or Duramax, no problem.....but the 6.0 needs all the help in cleanliness and oil use it can get.

The only thing I would say is that the 6.0 is the LAST diesel I would be extending OIs on, but that's up to you. I guess you need to ask yourself is the benefit REALLY that much over going a cheaper syn or even a dino and doing 5k intervals? If it were a 7.3 or Duramax, no problem.....but the 6.0 needs all the help in cleanliness and oil use it can get.

Cheaper syns and Dino's, rotella T6, at even 5k mile intervals can leave deposits on the spool valves. It comes down to about $40-50 an oil change since I can last 3 intervals and being a hot shot 5k miles will only cover 1 month also at 15k miles the oil still has a lot of life left to it but I try to change it when the TBN gets down to 3-4. So far I've had zero oil related issues

You're doing hot shot work with a 6.0? Cool! has it been studded/deleted? How many miles on yours?I love when my 6.0 out-pulls a 7.3 or a Duramax, gets better MPG and does it all on a totally stock engine with no studs, or other work. The only thing I have done is delete it and put ELC coolant in. I run Rotella T4 most all the time but plan to try MotorCraft 10W30 here very soon. We two a big 3 horse loaded to the gills, haul hay, feed etc. It definitely isn't a pavement princess!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
You're doing hot shot work with a 6.0? Cool! has it been studded/deleted? How many miles on yours?I love when my 6.0 out-pulls a 7.3 or a Duramax, gets better MPG and does it all on a totally stock engine with no studs, or other work. The only thing I have done is delete it and put ELC coolant in. I run Rotella T4 most all the time but plan to try MotorCraft 10W30 here very soon. We two a big 3 horse loaded to the gills, haul hay, feed etc. It definitely isn't a pavement princess!

Mines been studded and deleted with 207k miles on it. On runs it stays in tow tune by WPE and on the way home it's either the street tune or extreme tune also by wpe

Nice! I have 130K on the clock on my 05, its a work horse and only gets used to tow horses and haul hay! I thought about doing some hotshot work on the side with it but my wife won't ever let me drive it! lol Its horse show heaven here in central Florida!

Nice to hear about some 6.0s being worked like they should. That is what keeps them alive from what I understand. And hey, if it seems to be working for you, by all means. You are in a much different use category than most pavement queen 6.0 owners. Nicely done.

Nice to hear about some 6.0s being worked like they should. That is what keeps them alive from what I understand. And hey, if it seems to be working for you, by all means. You are in a much different use category than most pavement queen 6.0 owners. Nicely done.

The 6.0 has such a bad rap because it had a few issues early on. I'm very excited though seeing the 6.0 making some huge waves I'm the diesel sport scene. It's going to be a huge contender for some first place positions in the next 5 years. As for working it yea she gets her fair share. I once pulled a 9ft x 9ft round metal mine shaft fan, that acted like a giant sail. I ran a solid 3 mins in 4th gear holding 2500rpms and 28lbs of boost just to make it through a head wind as I was climbing a hill, probably the craziest thing I've pulled lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back