92 f150 332 code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 332 trouble code on my 4.9l f150 which is egr insufficient flow . The egr valve is good and I swapped the egr position sensor with no change. What would you do next? I've considered trying to basically eliminate it since I know the vacuum line are very brittle (typical) and the coffee can vacuum reservoir is gone and those lines are plugged. Could I easily just plug the egr vacuum lines and it just never be a drivability issue? It doesn't require emissions and I don't care about the check engine light. My reason for pursuing this at all is every once in awhile when driving it'll buck just one time. And it's fine again. I'm assuming the egr situation is the culprit? Nothing else is obviously wrong.....the only other code I got when doing koer test was a knock sensor signal code but I'm pretty sure I got that because I didn't rev the truck high Enough during the test. I did it with my hand on the throttle cable under the hood. Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

I have the same engine. If emissions are not a concern, try plugging the EGR vacuum line. You won't have a drivability issue but the engine may have a tendency to detonate/ ping. If that doesn't happen, you can leave the line plugged. Otherwise, there may be plugged up EGR plumbing, vacuum issues or there is a group of solenoids hanging off the engine. One of them governs the vacuum to the valve.

The green vacuum line hooked to the top of the egr just cap that one?

Originally Posted by ram_man
The green vacuum line hooked to the top of the egr just cap that one?

Yes. A golf tee will even work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back