45,000 miles in the Caprice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Still love it. To date I have had do a battery and brakes. The police compound burns up quick. I used CTS stuff this time.
It had a recall for the steering rack. It was replaced for free.

I average 18 mpg in it. I have installed Chevy SS springs, exhaust, CAI, a tune recently, Holden emblems and Holden Side markers.

If I had to do it all again I would. Has enough creature comforts to keep me happy.(blue tooth and USB)

I don't really have any complaints. It is pretty agile for a big heavy car and I love the 6.0 with the 6L80E.
I do wish it had a more normal interior but this one is easy to clean.

Not sure what I would get if I had to replace it. Most likely a Camaro.

After a buff, wax and installation of the SS springs. Dropped it almost an inch. I think it sits just right now.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is the center console I came up with.
[Linked Image]

Awesome car, love it and iirc you got a sweet deal on it?

Is that a trunk release button on the right door panel?

Originally Posted by dishdude

I paid 20,000 for it out the door with 12,200 miles on it.

Yes it is. I think they just left it there from the RHD. It is functional. Maybe part of the police package? Both sides have one, both work.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by dishdude

I paid 20,000 for it out the door with 12,200 miles on it.

Yes it is. I think they just left it there from the RHD. It is functional. Maybe part of the police package? Both sides have one, both work.

That's a killer deal for a vehicle with that amount of performance. The dual trunk release makes sense to be part of the police package, although also convenient for civilian use!

This thing makes me drool... I wasn't crazy in the beginning about the looks, but it's grown on me. $20k out the door? Sign me up! I think you got a unicorn.

Jealous! Miss my Crown Vic. Next vehicle probably gonna be an ex-Police Tahoe. Can't beat cop cars for value and cool factor!

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I think you got a unicorn.

There are a few out there like mine, but have come from auctions. I know some guys that have picked them up with over 100,000 miles on them and over 6000 hours of idle time and run just like the did new.
Some do suffer from DOD lifter failure so people will eliminate that.

I have a cam and everything to replace mine. I have not heard of any failures on the 14's as they were update. I was going to wait for it to fail, but I think I will swap it out this summer when I drive the WS6 more.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Nice car Mike!!! I want a Chevy SS but I have yet to find one that doesn't have a bloated price attached to it.

I know I wanted one too. I can afford the SS, but couldn't stomach the price. I was able to pay of the Caprice quickly. I have no car payments right now so it is nice.

When the boy starts driving in 2 years I will get a newer Camaro or Corvette for my driver and he will start of in the Caprice.

We inherited Mom & Dad's 5.0l 1991 Caprice . It has ~ 46,000 miles on it . Has set a long time . Time & sunlight has not been kind to the paint / clear coat & interior . Mechanically it is fine .

I have a '17. Well, the county owns it, not me, but it's mine until it's mileage'd out. These things are no way, near the durability or reliability of the Crown Vic. Cant even hold a candle. It's been in the shop a lot.

PPV.jpg

Originally Posted by Traffic242
I have a '17. Well, the county owns it, not me, but it's mine until it's mileage'd out. These things are no way, near the durability or reliability of the Crown Vic. Cant even hold a candle. It's been in the shop a lot.
Big enough push bar on that thing or what? Did the upfitters raid the parts bin or smoke a big doob at lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back