Quality oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my car for ride share, part delivery, organ delivery, family ride and a MPG project along with a host of other duties.

1. What kind of vehicle you have: 2007 Chevy HHR w/2.4L
2. What your owner's manual says -- not just viscosity, but certifications (look for acronyms like API SM, ILSAC GF-4, etc.) and change intervals as well: 5w30 Dexos rated around 9K
3. Where you live; Fort Wayne Indiana, snow, cold and ugly women wear revealing clothing
4. How you drive (easy? hard? fast? slow?)slow and easy most of the time with the occasional hard acceleration
5. What your daily drive is like (short trips? long trips? city? highway?)Combo of all four any given day. Some days will be nothing but stop and go, others may be an organ 200 miles away
6. Whether your car has any known problems; Only problem is the head space and timing of its owner.

I'm not looking for a whats the best oil thread, but I want more options than Mobil1. at the moment I run Micro Green filter and would like to know if there are resources for a remote bypass setup?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this thread. I know how some of these threads can be as I was an admin at Dieselplace for five years and recently sold my Duramax because it sat in the driveway more than it ran down the road.

Originally Posted by Horsehaulin
I would like to know if there are resources for a remote bypass setup?

Anything is possible, but it depends on what you want.

Search "Baldwin B50" on this site, and I think that's the direction I would point you towards.

dexos didn't come out until 2011, so you can use even the cheapest SN "dino"

Kmart often has Smitty's for well under $10 for a 5qt jug. Virtually any 5w30 out there will be fine in your HHR
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Kmart often has Smitty's for well under $10 for a 5qt jug. Virtually any 5w30 out there will be fine in your HHR
smile.gif

If you live by one of the what 50 remaining Kmart's well you might be in luck.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

smile.gif

If you live by one of the what 50 remaining Kmart's well you might be in luck.

The last two here disappeared four years ago, sad day!

Would say that any SN should work fine. However my daughter lost one of these when the chain broke--very expensive repair. Goodbye car, she's now driving an Accent. May have been the 2.2. I always said that I never broke an engine (except for a couple of cars that over heated) in sixty years of driving. My daughter sure can't say that after her HHR experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back