Liqui Moly Top Tec 1800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this fluid in a VW or Audi? I just 4 liters of it and when the weather turns better I will change my fluid with that. On my car there is no transmission line to the radiator so a flush that most people would do is out of the question. It has the spec VW part number listed on the bottle and it also says it on the bottle that it is a low viscosity fluid. This is for my 2013 Passat with the 09G. I noticed a YouTube video in which someone poured a small sample and it is clear, it looks like regular oil. Although the fluid in my car now is red, that does not really surprise me as some ZF fluids are green. I got my Top Tec 1800 for around $11.00 and tax at Napa. Many other places are asking for the $24 the dealer sells their fluid for. It was $5 off since I used my phone number when I reserved it. Not bad at all. It came to $41 and some cents total. Not only does this fluid list the fluid part number for my car but it also specifically mentions ZF transmissions too. I have read that they too are sensitive to fluid quality in a way similar to the 09G. If all goes well after using this, I will have found my lower cost alternative fluid for my car. I know it is only a clear fluid because they did not dye it red and it is only needed for identifying the fluid. The only other thing it does is permanently stain clothes.

LIQUI MOLY also recommends this product for vehicles or assemblies for which the following specifications or original part numbers are required:
Aisin Warner AW-1 ; BMW 83 22 0 142 516 ; BMW 83 22 2 152 426 ; BMW 83 22 2 289 720 ; BMW 83 22 2 305 396 ; BMW 83 22 2 305 397 ; BMW M-1375.4 ; Fiat 9.55550-AV5 ; JWS 3324 (Aisin Warner) ; Land Rover TYK 500050 ; Honda ATF 3.1 ; Honda ATF DW-1 ; Hyundai SP-IV ; Mazda ATF FZ ; Mitsubishi Dia Queen ATF-PA ; Nissan AT-Matic S Fluid ; Toyota WS ; VW G 055 005 ; VW G 055 540 ; VW G 060 162

Isn't 09G the Aisin transmission? If so, you can use Maxlife with no problem

That said, there is nothing wrong with the Top-Tec, either
smile.gif

Yes, the 2nd gen 09G. My Jetta which had the 1st gen 09G used a Type T-IV fluid (vw G 055 025 A2). The one I have now calls for a WS fluid (G 055 540 A2). At least that is what all my searching shows that fluid to be. One guy on YouTube tried Liqui Moly on his manual transmission BRZ. He seemed impressed with it and he usually uses Motul. He may have switched brands after that. I like things that are German.

It is a low-viscosity universal ATF - similar to Maxlife. But the Liqui Moly Top Tec 1800 has a brown/amber dye.

You are better off using Genuine Toyota ATF-WS (preferably), Idemitsu Type TLS-LV or Aisin Type-WS fluid. These three products are made specifically for the newer Aisin transmission which take a WS type fluid.

I have done a change with the Liqui Moly fluid today. I took it for a test drive and everything seems OK. No signs of slippage or harsh shifts yet. It probably feels better because I got more of that dirt out of it. That may have helped more than anything. I know that these transmissions sometimes have flaws in the valve bodies which might be the major source of any problems people may have had with them. If something starts to go wrong with this fluid, I could get the more preferable fluid from a Toyota dealer. Why is it that Toyotas are known for being so reliable and yet we have transmissions made by the same corporation that makes a lot of theirs and had all those problems with them? I do remember having read a few horror stories about the 09G in its early years (around 2005). I will let you know how it works out. I have only driven the car 4 miles since the change (a loop from one end of the road to the other and back to the driveway). When I emailed Liqui Moly about the fluid and told them what was going to use it in, they didn't seem to see any problem with it in my car. I made sure to tell them the year and model of the car and that it has the 09G made by Aisin otherwise known as the TF60SN. The label of this fluid does mention synthese technology.

Here is a page where someone asked the difference between HC synthese vs fully synthetic for those that don't already know the difference:

https://www.bizol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86

BTW, I never heard of Bizol. All of this searching for alternative fluids causes all sorts of previously unknown to me brand names to show up. In particular when I do an image search for WS atf or something similar to see what may be out there as a possible alternative to look into

Either way, I will get it out of there if anything weird starts to happen or at least get enough out that I may get back to normal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back