Purolator P1 14476 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a neighbor/friends 2017 Toyota Corolla LE. Had M1 0w20 AFE and this for almost 7k. Put a FU 4967 and some more M1 AFE 0W20 in and on. 28,669 miles on car also

20181212_184437.jpg

20181212_184614.jpg

20181212_184628.jpg

20181212_184700.jpg

20181212_184732.jpg

20181212_184726.jpg

20181212_184749.jpg

20181212_184809.jpg

Originally Posted by wemay
Thanks Car51

That filter looks mighty fine to me. Thanks for the C&P.
wink.gif

You are welcome Wemay
smile.gif

Those small Toyota 4967's seem to hold up pretty well. I've yet to find one with a problem and I've been using them for about ten years now off and on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bud_One
Nice ,the ADBV doesn't have usual cut marks... good deal.

Thanks for the C&P Adam
thumbsup2.gif

You and Johnny are welcome.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
My wife's 17' Corolla LE running the same filter with Exxon Mobil Nissan 0w20.

Yeah, I'm tempted to try one with AAP oil change special

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
It's not torn? How did that happen???
Factors that helped:
Moderate interval of use
0W-20
Clean engine+clean oil=very little of anything caught in it
Hasn't been through Pa. winter yet

1. The miles were put on the vehicle rather quickly thus minimizing the number of really cold starts.

2. The use of 0W20 would further reduce the stress on the media during cold starts.

3. The media that went into this particular filter was stronger/less brittle than average for this media type.

Thanks for the C&P.

At 7k miles looks very good to me, got the job done nicely. Adbv design on this one done well. No direct pressure from compression spring on inlet holes, thus no indentions or cuts. Louvers look good too.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
It's not torn? How did that happen???

The blended fibers used in the media is more resilient these days. All around the materials used are better than the past.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Will the taller 4386/14477 fit?
smile.gif

Yep

Originally Posted by Sayjac
At 7k miles looks very good to me, got the job done nicely. Adbv design on this one done well. No direct pressure from compression spring on inlet holes, thus no indentions or cuts. Louvers look good too.

Thanks for c&p.

You are welcome sir and Luke: i am surprised it looks this good
wink.gif

Aww cmon Adam, Puro P1s have always been better than other of their offerings. I'd use P1s if I didn't have a shelf full of FUs, NGs, and a couple MicroGreens left...

Speaking of which, I found a couple more of the old ST 4386s for you
smile.gif

For my GM applications, I would use a Puro over a Fram Ultra. Oil pressure and cold startup flow would improve.
Ultras can make things worse, depending on application.

The pictured oil filter here is really nice. Don't we-all hope Purolator starts producing an entire line of oil filters that do not produce media separation anymore?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
For my GM applications, I would use a Puro over a Fram Ultra. Oil pressure and cold startup flow would improve.

Didn't GM change the bypass requirements recently? Does Purolator make new filters with the new bypass setting?

Because Wix does. And they even offer XP versions, too
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back