SAR B6P - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was killing a few minutes this afternoon at a local pawn shop when a used SAR B6P caught my eye. CZ-75 clone for $329. From what I've seen online, that seems to be an OK price, although I'm sure there is some wiggle room. I've been having thoughts of grabbing a CZ-75 of some kind for a couple years, but have always balked at the price...............and the possibility of the wife using it on me when she finds out I bought another handgun. Anyways, this piece caught my eye and was wondering if anyone here has one and can relay their experience and thoughts on them?

Edit:
Just found this price at CDNN - https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sarb6p-9mm-4-5-bbl-polymer-frame-1-17rd-mag.html
$249

A friend of mine just bought one last month for $219 from CDNN. We couldn't find but a few bad reviews out of a hundred over on Bud's gunshop.com so it looked like a winner at that price.

I have the full size and the compact model, and like them both. For a double stack, the grip is fairly thin and fits my hand well (I have medium to small hands). Both have been reliable (only about 500 rounds in the compact, less in the full size) and enjoyable to shoot, especially for the price. I am more accurate with them than with my Canik or Bersa.

Hmm...

Would be interesting to see a comparison video between this and the EAA (Tanfoglio) Witness-P (available for around $275). It's also a CZ-75 clone.

Opinions?

I've had one for years...and several CZ's.

Fit and finish is excellent and better than my CZ75 Israeli police trade in from the 80's and comparable to my CZ75 Tactical from the mid 2000's.

Sights are the only bad part besides the narrow slides that come with the platform.

I paid well under $300 OTD, IIRC. Buy with confidence and thank you Turkey!

Sorry, I don't have one but at that price if it is reliable I don't really see how you could go wrong.
Would love to hear a report if you do decide to get it!

About two months after I bought my B6P-C, I bought my wife a purple Witness Pavona Compact. The lighter springs are supposed to make it easier to rack the slide, and my wife has bad arthritis in her hands, so I thought this would be a good pistol for her. I don't know if it's the springs or some other issue, but I had it at the range three times and every magazine had at least one fte/ftf. On the third outing, a few rounds into the second magazine and it jammed up with a round in the chamber.

My friend was with me and we both tried to free it up, with no success. I was disgusted with the whole experience and told him if he wanted to take it to a smith and pay to get it fixed he could keep it. He kept working on it and after a week or so, he got the round out. His wife likes the looks of it, so he gave it to her. They've had it to the range several times over the last two years, and always have at least one fte/ftf. My friend thinks it's ammo related - he bought a box of 1000 mixed 32/38/9mm/45acp for $50 from a co-worker, so ammo of unknown origin and age. When I had the Pavona I was shooting Freedom Munitions reloads, so maybe not the highest quality. He says he is going to buy a few boxes of 124 grain +p and see if that makes a difference.

It's probably not fair of me, but the experience has put a bad taste in my mouth for any Witness pistol.

Originally Posted by FloatingBrick
When I had the Pavona I was shooting Freedom Munitions reloads, so maybe not the highest quality.

This statement speaks volumes. I've read more than enough about Freedom Munitions to avoid it like the plague. I bet there's absolutely nothing wrong with that Witness.

I'm surprised you passed judgment on it without trying any new factory ammunition.

There's really no need to buy reloads these days when you can get new, quality 9mm ammunition for so cheap. For example, Walmart sells Federal aluminum case 115g 9mm for like $8.88/50rds. and it's about a dollar more per box for brass case.

That price, for a used gun, is WAY out of line. Should be $200 used, $250-$270 new.

They are cool target guns or range blasters.

I don't like them as primary defensive arms, as they lack decockers.

'm surprised you passed judgment on it without trying any new factory ammunition.

Yeah, you're right. I should have tried different ammo. The only response I have in my defense is that the B6P-C ate everything I fed it.

Originally Posted by billt460
If you're insistent on getting the SAR B6P, they have just dropped the price to $220.00 new in the box.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sarb...paign=CDNN+Special+12-15-18#.XBUacbfn93E

And.............now it's back to $249, lol. It intrigues me as I've had my eyes on the CZ for awhile, but probably not in the cards at the moment. Maybe next year sometime. That Walther Creed though. It looks like a Highpoint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back