Micro-Green Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
MG201-7 microGreen Oil Filter Cut Open..
Now I made a post how clean the oil seemed to be when i used this filter and just so you know I always do my own oil changes and at the end of my OCI my oil is always dirty.. However with this filter the oil was so clean it could see through the oil as it was draining out the drain pan.

Here are pics of the filter cut open.. Now the oil in the filter is very dirty..
check it out.

Just for notes.. I can tell you the base plate was very thick and the gasket with probably 3 times as large as normal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The bypass / extra disc filter at the bottom is interesting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yea I know the camera had oil on it... It made the pictures come out terrible.. but you can still see.

I still run these filters sometimes on my Accord. I know they get "bashed" here, but I think at the VERY least, they are pretty good filters.

Oh I know...."but they aren't as good as a Fram Ultra". I know. I know.

But I think they do a good job and I'll continue to work through my stash.

Originally Posted by Phishin
I still run these filters sometimes on my Accord. I know they get "bashed" here, but I think at the VERY least, they are pretty good filters.

Oh I know...."but they aren't as good as a Fram Ultra". I know. I know.

But I think they do a good job and I'll continue to work through my stash.

They were far superior to anything for 10K until they cheapened the puck mounting system and the performance diminished, evidence we have shows they are just a regular 10K filter post redesign.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Zee09
Yep, good for a solid 10K which is what they always suggested
But from experience you need to change the oil too. That 30K on three filters for the oil was nonsense

You do now.

Originally- it worked great. We have evidence here that it did from Blackstone.

At some point they fired the designer and cut him out of the loop and cheapened the design and the efficiency took a dive.
I suspect the redesigned puck holder is leaky.

The cummins version that uses stacked disks works great.

UD

I remember well. I still have some of the old ones. But many cars won't allow you to go 30K on oil.
The new disc are like a spun material where the old ones were far different and on an old dirty engine these filters would clog up
quickly in the bottom end and pretty much render the micro filtering useless.

That 30K on three filters for the oil was nonsense

I am still doing that - on three different vehicles.

Originally Posted by DBMaster
That 30K on three filters for the oil was nonsense

I am still doing that - on three different vehicles.

It didn't work for me and I would never do it using the new filters.
I used them on many cars and it isn't worth it IMO. But if it works for you- great!

Looks to be good build quality, although this is just a speculative comment. The oil staying super clean is more evidence of quality. Thank for the C&P.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by UncleDave
But from experience you need to change the oil too. That 30K on three filters for the oil was nonsense

You do now.

At some point they fired the designer and cut him out of the loop and cheapened the design and the efficiency took a dive.

UD

The Cummins version is actually a Stratapore Venturi-I have one on my Ram, I'm a little overdue for an oil change, I'll post it when I change it.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

You do now.

UD

The Cummins version is actually a Stratapore Venturi-I have one on my Ram, I'm a little overdue for an oil change, I'll post it when I change it.

Any C&P on the Cummins / Stratapore ? I would like to see that.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

You do now.

UD

Stratapour Venturi is the model, the manufacturer is Cummins.

UD

I like the look of that Cummins Fleetguard filter. I might switch to it on my next 30K OCI cycle and see how the UOA compares to the microGreen. There is a cross reference for the Mazda Skyactiv filter. It's LF3692.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back