Amsoil oil filter made in china?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CT8
Made in China and sold to the dupes at made in USA prices.

But being made in China now, Amsoil surely is selling it for less since it now costs them less....

That's the largest "made in China" script I have ever seen. They really want you to know where it's made- in your face and proud of it!

Dissapointed

Originally Posted by stuntboy79
Surprised these are made in china. I'm disappointed.

Will the price of the amsoil filters increase next year, if the tariffs kick in?

Many cartridge filters are made in China now. Said another way, as opposed to spin on type, less cartridges made in the US as opposed to spin on. Whoever is making them for Amsoil is sourcing this application in China, obviously. Based on anecdotes, Champ Labs has been making the Amsoil spin on filters. I'd try and xref topic cartridge and see if I could come up with a similar Champ cartridge, but can't see application #.

If there is one, be interesting to see what the Royal Purple cartridge for this application looks like, and coo. Champ makes RP spin on filters.

Based on the pic shown, the Amsoil cartridge looks well made imo.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Many cartridge filters are made in China now. Said another way, as opposed to spin on type, less cartridges made in the US as opposed to spin on. Whoever is making them for Amsoil is sourcing this application in China, obviously. Based on anecdotes, Champ Labs has been making the Amsoil spin on filters. I'd try and xref topic cartridge and see if I could come up with a similar Champ cartridge, but can't see application #.

If there is one, be interesting to see what the Royal Purple cartridge for this application looks like, and coo. Champ makes RP spin on filters.

Based on the pic shown, the Amsoil cartridge looks well made imo.

I only use the MC FL2017B cartridge filter in my 2007 Ford Fusion and it is still made in the USA.

Was this particular model ever made in the USA to begin with? With cartridge style coming back in vogue the last 10-15 years, seems to be the exception rather than the norm they be made in the USA.

The Iphone is also made in china... This logic is pretty old school. As another person said, China can produce items at any quality level. Depends on what the company wants that's paying for it.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by anndel
Napa Gold - Wix cartridge filter is made in china. Heard Denso is making Toyota OEM filters in china, any truth to that?

Yes, there are Chinese Toyota OEM Densos

For the Toyotas using cartridge filters, Mahle makes some good ones in Austria. For the spin-ons, just get Fram or Wix
smile.gif

I use Mahle stuff for the most part. They've been known to make high quality air and oil filters, as well as other engine components, but their filters for my 392 Challenger are made in China. I was also disappointed in seeing that as well.

Originally Posted by Hootbro
Was this particular model ever made in the USA to begin with? With cartridge style coming back in vogue the last 10-15 years, seems to be the exception rather than the norm they be made in the USA.
Some Fram and some Purolator cartridges are made in USA, including the L16311 I bought in 2014 (made in 2012). More recent examples of the same number are of totally different construction, unknown country of origin. They look like crude imitations of the corresponding Denso/Toyota model.

That is odd, every one I have ordered has been made in USA.
I wonder if some of the lower volume cartridge filters are outsourced.
All of the ones I have cut open looked like Champion Labs construction, with the Amsoil speced wire backed synthetic media.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I wonder where the OP purchased these?

I'll ask this question once again. Does anyone here know for a fact that Amsoil filters are made in China?

The OP hasn't been back in three days. I suspect we've been had.

Originally Posted by RyanY
Originally Posted by stuntboy79
Surprised these are made in china. I'm disappointed.

Will the price of the amsoil filters increase next year, if the tariffs kick in?

Lets hope so.

I wonder where the OP purchased these?

I'll ask this question once again. Does anyone here know for a fact that Amsoil filters are made in China?

The OP hasn't been back in three days. I suspect we've been had.

I'm guessing someone would be here to dispute a Photoshopped image.

We had a customer come to the shop and supplied his own parts. He also used the Amsoil European oil 0W40 iirc.

Originally Posted by KD0AXS
Meanwhile, my Super Tech from Walmart is made in the USA.
So is my SuperTech 10358, which just happens to look almost exactly like the Fram Extra Guard 10358 did, back when it was made in the USA. (Newer Extra Guards say China.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back