to buy or not to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just googled jeep Wrangler and a local dealer showed a number of 2018s on the lot with the M6 trans. The cheapest showed about 31k list (a few options, rear end ratio and postitraction mostly). Starting position is $2900 off and I suspect you could do much better.
For a 3 year old jeep at the full actual new purchase price, I think I'd pass.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
The two local dealers don't even stock 2 door manual Jeeps anymore. Everything on their lot is auto, or auto and 4 door.

It doesn't matter if a dealer doesn't have what you want sitting on the lot. You just tell them what you will buy and they will get it for you (if they want your business), and if they balk, move on. You just have to be willing to wait for between a few days to a few weeks to get what you want. Wranglers with manual transmissions are VERY popular, a high percentage of them are equipped with manuals and it shouldn't be too difficult for a dealer to get one.
Too many people allow dealers to bully them into buying something that THEY want to sell, everyone should remember exactly who is in control of the transaction, YOU are because YOU have the money! You don't have to be an a-hole about it, just stand your ground. The only exception to this rule is for exclusive limited production vehicles that the dealers are only going to get a few of, not mass produced vehicles like Wranglers.
The prices of used Wranglers are (and have been) insanely high, which make new Wranglers one of the only true bargains in the industry IMO, and this is especially true of basic models with few or no options on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back