2007 Yaris no oil when draining

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this also happen to me with a D16Y7. Posted about it several years ago. I wouldn't believe it, had it not happen to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Audios

Originally Posted by Leo99
Did the oil light come on?

Oh yeah it was on. I bet the little symbol was cooking hot since it was on so much.

Morons & idiots abound...... don't new driver's learn anything these days?

This thread makes me wonder if all my ocd over cold starts and post oil change dry starts are really just needless stress on my life. Sometimes I wish I could live the care-free life.

Amazing story...sort of reminds me of my best friend growing up. His brother bought a brand new Chevy S10 back in the day and later my friend purchased it from his brother. His brother told him he didn't realize he had to change the oil and (memory fading) but he went like 20,000 or 30,000 miles before changing...not sure if he was screwing with him...but that always stuck with me. Truck died around 100,000 or so...who knows?

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Thats a consumption rate of about 1qt per 3k. Pretty good for a Toyota.

crackmeup2.gif

He called today..... check engine lights off! Car runs great he said hahaha!!! Its always the people who care the least that get the most out of their cars.

Originally Posted by Kurtatron
This thread makes me wonder if all my ocd over cold starts and post oil change dry starts are really just needless stress on my life. Sometimes I wish I could live the care-free life.

Me, too, brother. Me, too.....

He called today..... check engine lights off! Car runs great he said hahaha!!! Its always the people who care the least that get the most out of their cars.

Great to hear. No matter what lead him to ignore his engine, despite glaring warnings, I don't wish him ill.

Maybe he's learned his lesson; then again, this may embolden him.

Originally Posted by Linctex

Oh yeah it was on. I bet the little symbol was cooking hot since it was on so much.

They learn how to turn on the radio . They would not put gas in the car but it will refuse to run , after a while , if you do not .

im totally unsurprised that this yaris ran bone dry. my second, snowbird, car is a yaris. i chose it because for 2 1/2 years in jakarta i had no car and 90% of indonesian taxis are thai-made yaris sedans. i was in a yaris taxi at least twice twice daily; if you know indonesian road, driver and maintenance "standards" you will understand why i think that a yaris is almost indestructible.

Originally Posted by Linctex

They still haven't learned how to turn their lights on at night...

Originally Posted by jstert
im totally unsurprised that this yaris ran bone dry. my second, snowbird, car is a yaris. i chose it because for 2 1/2 years in jakarta i had no car and 90% of indonesian taxis are thai-made yaris sedans. i was in a yaris taxi at least twice twice daily; if you know indonesian road, driver and maintenance "standards" you will understand why i think that a yaris is almost indestructible.

Almost 6 years ago I was in the need for a cheap commuter car due to a long daily commute to work.

I didn't have a strong car preference, but I wanted that engine (1NZ-FE)

Toyota ECHO
Toyota Yaris
Scion xA
Scion xB

I ended up with one-owner, 5-speed ECHO and it's been good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back