Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery Group, Size 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Wanted to know if anyone here has any idea on the quality of these batteries?
I have been a long time Interstate user but these are available close by and the price is inline with other similar
batteries. Thanks!

I just picked up this battery last week. Bosch Platinum AGM is made by Exide. I was getting tired of all my Johnson Controls batteries failing withing 24 months. I do have to say the Bosch AGM group 35 is a very heavy battery. Mine is 42lbs.

Originally Posted by Donald
Maybe things have changed, but Exide is at the bottom of my list for batteries.

I have no experience with them. They also sell Champion for which I have no experience either.

That sounds like Pepboys. I think the Champion have a 4 year warranty and the Bosch is just 3 years. Comparing the weights between the two, the Champion seems to be heavier. My car takes an H8 and that one is 61 pounds.

I'm inclined to go with the heavier battery on the theory that it may have more lead?

Yeah your right... This AGM battery has the 48 month free replacement warranty... Should be a pretty good battery I'd say.. As long as it is not been sitting around for a super long time uncharged... If it rather new... Should be very good. Just charge it up before installing. And don't trust a smart charger green light... Unplug and plug back in a number of times if necessary.

Thanks BB.
I'm doing this for my mother's car
What they had just came in. Were sold out. Champion has a higher end 48 month too
Maybe I'll put my tongue to them both
smile.gif

Yeah would recommend the tongue trick
lol.gif

Yeah the Champion battery is a JC battery. That would be a good one has well.

The newer they are and that being the case... Is a great deal... I would buy one of either of the Bosch or Champion batteries without hesitation. And the prices being $140... It's a solid deal.

Johnson Controls sold their battery division per this forum. reading today there are just THREE actual battery manufacturers, but various names are made to different specs + price points with several just being relabeled!!! fresher is better as is heavier = more lead i believe.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
That sounds like Pepboys. I think the Champion have a 4 year warranty and the Bosch is just 3 years. Comparing the weights between the two, the Champion seems to be heavier. My car takes an H8 and that one is 61 pounds.

I'm inclined to go with the heavier battery on the theory that it may have more lead?

I agree wolf359... Sure ain't heavier due to it having more air
lol.gif

Last edited:
I'm not as keen on JCI as I once was. I'm willing to give exide a shot, especially for AGM. Ditto for East Penn.

I picked up a pair of Deka AGM batteries for my boat, group 27. These Deka's are made by East Penn. I am very pleased with them after a year of service- they last much longer under deep cycle conditions compared to my previous group 27 flooded batteries, and provide plenty of power for starting my engine.

SAME!!

I will get a "reconditioned" battery at an Interstate store long, long, long before I consider exide

I think their AGM batteries are worth looking at has well. Plus with online purchase from Pep Boys it comes out to $149. Cheaper than the other batteries that are flooded.

The Champion batteries from Pep Boys are made by JC. A group 35 bought online with 25 percent off comes to $135. . It has a 48 month free replacement warranty has well.

Originally Posted by Linctex

SAME!!

I will get a "reconditioned" battery at an Interstate store long, long, long before I consider exide

Hahahaha you don't want an EconoPower (reconditioned Interstate). I've never tested a single one at work that came out good. They are always bad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
I think their AGM batteries are worth looking at has well. Plus with online purchase from Pep Boys it comes out to $149. Cheaper than the other batteries that are flooded.

The Champion batteries from Pep Boys are made by JC. A group 35 bought online with 25 percent off comes to $135. . It has a 48 month free replacement warranty has well.

I'm leaning that way plus my local PB's is in Delaware- no tax
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back