2007 Yaris no oil when draining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went 13k on the oil, he was also posted here before when he went about 17k on semi syn a few years back. Absolutely no oil drained out. About 4 oz came out of the filter. Amazingly it still runs pretty well, just hard faults for camshaft timing immediately.

https://imgur.com/a/IfRrA1G

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
A scrapyard might give you a hundred for it.

+1 The car is junk as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Thats a consumption rate of about 1qt per 3k. Pretty good for a Toyota.

🚤🎣

Originally Posted by csandste
So this was run dry twice? I used to think I was overly anal when I took my kids out and said "this is a dipstick" when I bought them a junker. Abuse like this makes me sad.

The first time he wasn't very low at all, maybe 1 qt. Im sure that didn't help keep the consumption at bay. Heres the report and the next oil change after. Actually looked good.

https://imgur.com/a/ssrRl

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
A scrapyard might give you a hundred for it.

My brother in law recently ran his escape so low it destroyed the engine. Had about 30 Oz of oil. Bought a used Mazda and the dealer gave him $800 for trade in. Sweet deal

Nothing quiet like diligent maintenance.

Warning.jpg

Last edited:
Dd you try sticking a long screwdriver in the hole. There may be more in there.

In my youth I had a alcoholic uncle and his brother, also a alcoholic brought me a car. Had to stick a screwdriver in it to get the oil to flow. Blew some air in the road draft tube with the breather blocked and a stream of sludge blew out. It must have been a 3 or 4 foot long. The canister oil filter was about solid. 66 283 chevy. We did not try to dissolve/clean any sludge, just changed it and let her run. It did for several more years.

Rod

Last edited:
That's a tremendous amount of consumption. The '05 xB in my sig has gone 10K on M1 EP with ZERO consumption multiple times, but I definitely kept an eye on it, same engine as that '07 Yaris. I would say the VVT-i solenoid system is probably jammed solid with sludge. Good news is, those 1.5s might be the EASIEST engine on earth to pull off the oil pan & clean out, literally nothing in the way!

Last edited:
Did you have eyes on the car the whole time? Maybe someone else in the shop drained it while you were taking a tinkle.

Amazingly it still runs pretty well, just hard faults for camshaft timing immediately. Please explain. Is the valve train worn so badly it sets a code? Sounds like a job for electrical tape.
grin2.gif

I was the only one working on it, personal friend of my family since I was a little kid, our parents were high school friends. I did pull the stick and it was dry before we pulled it in. It seriously had 0 oil in it

Originally Posted by Audios
I was the only one working on it, personal friend of my family since I was a little kid, our parents were high school friends. I did pull the stick and it was dry before we pulled it in. It seriously had 0 oil in it

Man, if you were a newer member I'd definitely call you out for trolling.

This is simply too hard to believe!

I've seen engine destroy themselves with more oil in them!

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by Audios

Man, if you were a newer member I'd definitely call you out for trolling.

This is simply too hard to believe!

I've seen engine destroy themselves with more oil in them!

I have too! I told him most other cars wouldve been dead at 3-4 quarts low and 3-4k over the sticker! Also said put a little bit away each week for the car fund, since we know its going to that junkyard in the sky at some point in the near future. Or maybe not...

Originally Posted by Leo99
Did the oil light come on?

Oh yeah it was on. I bet the little symbol was cooking hot since it was on so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back