Wife and I don't agree about paint colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 12 my mom had the house painted. I came over to see what color she picked out and almost threw up. It was/is burnt orange!

Now that its my house we are upgrading. The wife went to buy paint. I have told her over and over I hate the orange we currently have.

We agreed on a natural desert color of some sort.

She just got home and she bought bright hemi/Kubota tractor/ 60's Chevy engine orange! Its even worse than what we already had.

Now she is mad at me because I told her I dont want an orange house.

I hope home depo takes it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the paint was mixed and approved by her, and its all matching, they won't take it back. Its not their error.

Maybe you could use the paint she bought for the trim. I'm assuming this is an all wood house. I think HD does take it back because my SIL shops their paint section for returned colors she might like at a discount. She actually had her house painted with a rejected color paint ( kind of a purple hue).

Well, now that I'm seeing that HD doesn't take it back, maybe she got hers at Ace, not really sure. At any rate she's on a fixed income and most of the paint in and outside of her cottage were discounted rejects. Helps keep down costs for her.

OP clearly isn't familiar with the phrase:
"Happy wife, happy life"

coffee2.gif

I would never send my wife to Home Depot alone. And she'd never go there alone for fear of buying the wrong stuff. She knows how picky I am about the right bolts and screws. LOL. Sorry, inside joke. They all look alike to her.

Shows us the colour in a picture.
20.gif

Sound's really ugly. And I can't see any house being any shade of orange and it working out well.

Maybe you can take the paint cans outside to begin painting. But suddenly an "oopsie!!!!" happens and you "accidentally" knock the buckets over and spill them
laugh.gif

The indy paint shop my parents used had a sign "Husbands requesting specially mixed colors must have signed notes from their wives"

It appears they were quite familiar with the husband/wife redecorating dynamic (or lack thereof)

Originally Posted by dave1251
Not worth fighting your wife over.

Yeah, I know you hate it - but there's worse things in life to argue about

Originally Posted by AZjeff
She got what you agreed on. Orange is a natural desert color. Desert sunrise and sunset.

Love those pics!

Originally Posted by Chris142

We agreed on a natural desert color of some sort.

She just got home and she bought bright hemi/Kubota tractor/ 60's Chevy engine orange! Its even worse than what we already had.

Neutral is a relative term. Orange is a color Id associate with the desert for whatever reason...

Google desert colors and youll see mostly variants of orange...

[Linked Image]

Happy wife happy life!!

I don't care the color of the house, cars, type of furniture, type of toothpaste, keep them happy or they have sex with co workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back