Uh oh - No Castrol Edge 0w40 at WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my Wally World the other day and there was no Castrol Edge 0w40. The place was picked over pretty good but there wasn't even a bar code spot for it. I admit to being an Edge 0w40 disciple and I find this quite disturbing. If they truly quite carrying it I may have to switch ol Betsy over to Rotella 5w40.

I hate these life crisis episodes... lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disturbing indeed; Being considerate of your personal mental health, I will not mention the (4) 5qt jugs I got at the 2016 AZ clearance for $10/jug.

Ha ha
lol.gif
my wife tells me I need a brain transplant! Maybe it's the thin air, who knows?! At any rate, since posting, I've been checking out Castrols website and Magnatec in the correct grade (can you imagine me using that) has a Noack of 8.9 and a HTHS of 3.15. These are acceptable. KJSmiths EB UAOs using Magnatec are heartening as well. Not crazy about Edge 5w40 so maybe Magnatec it is.
Sure wish I knew about the AZ sale!

Manager at Walmart told me that they were discontinuing at his store. Don't know about the rest. So, apparently some of us are seeing a pattern. Either Castro is changing or Walmart. More than likely it's Walmart. Mobil 1 is now eye level at Walmart. That is why. Like that at 3 Walmarts' . Mobil probably paid more.

Ran into the same problem here. I had to go to a different Walmart in a nearby city. May end up having to pay too much on Amazon.

If it is any consolation I have several jugs of it I bought on autozones clearance two years ago that I just use in my lawnmower now since I have nothing else to use it in that gets its oil changed frequently.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
5 qt jugs out of stock online for my store. This is very common though.

Aaaaaand it's back (again). $3 cheaper.

Checked the two local Walmarts near me last night and neither had any Castrol 0w40 or Mobil 1 0w40. I had a friend check her local walmart 40 min away since I was doing an oil change on her car and she was picking up the oil, that one was the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back