'12-'13 Suzuki Kizashi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOG-ers,

I know that Suzuki left US, but as AWD cars to trow around , how are them?
clearance? comfortable seats? headaches? common problems/things to watch for?

Thank you

The AWD seems to be fairly good from what I've seen, but according to many on Suzuki forums you have to stay up on transmission fluid changes.

A total of 20113 were sold in the USA in all configurations. Finding certain parts may prove hard, take time to get and be expensive.
I bet it's easily totaled in a minor crash due to rarity and parts availability.
The car was assembled in Japan and probably of higher quality than Korean built Suzuki's.

Originally Posted by CARJ
Just curious, what do people do for parts and service for something like this?

partial answer:
well the cars where sold 2008-1013, and I still see some on the road, so either suzuki parts are still available via order or somebody else (GM) took over warranty work...

pretty much all the other suzuki cars (SX4, aerio, etc) seems to disappear from the roads because of parts?

It would have to be really really cheap for me to hassle with as any little trim part or body part could just end up being a problem. Sure brake pads filters no problem but anything special could be a zero.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
A total of 20113 were sold in the USA in all configurations. Finding certain parts may prove hard, take time to get and be expensive.
I bet it's easily totaled in a minor crash due to rarity and parts availability.
The car was assembled in Japan and probably of higher quality than Korean built Suzuki's.

thanks for the info. through as always...
question:
if could get for under $10,000 OTD with low miles (under 50k), would the occasional down for a repair with a rental still make it viable financially?

I always tell people if you buy a used car and don't like it can you resell it for what you paid for it with in reason, if so yes if no don't

They are still under warranty if they have less than 100k (Suzuki is still honoring the 7-year/100k warranty even though they no longer sell cars here).

The AWD is good and probably less thirsty than Subaru's full-time AWD (in fact, Suzuki even provides a button on the Kizashi to disable the AWD, so it's not wasting fuel when you don't need it)

The transmission probably has a drain plug, so even if it needs frequent fluid changes, it will be easy to do
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
They are still under warranty if they have less than 100k (Suzuki is still honoring the 7-year/100k warranty even though they no longer sell cars here).

The AWD is good and probably less thirsty than Subaru's full-time AWD (in fact, Suzuki even provides a button on the Kizashi to disable the AWD, so it's not wasting fuel when you don't need it)

The transmission probably has a drain plug, so even if it needs frequent fluid changes, it will be easy to do
smile.gif

Do you think Suzuki has a vested interest in car they don't sell-in a country where don't sell any cars-to make someone "happy" under warranty?

REALLY??

I can show you "under warranty" horror stories from Ford, GM AND Subaru-all who sell cars here and are still in business.

Last edited:
What happens if you need a new windshield or glass? Is aftermarket glass even available for this due to the low volume sold here?

Have fun finding certain parts:

https://suzukiautomotiveparts.com/2...pension_parts-axle_differential-1470555/

A new starter is available but its $635... I find the odd ball cars aren't cheap enough to be worth the hassle. Sure if it was half as much as an AWD Fusion, it could be worth the potential PITA. But they are never that much cheaper than the common alternatives.

I own one. Bought new in 2013. SLS w/awd. Best car nobody ever heard of. Mercedes quality. 2.4 liter engine is responsive w/o a turbo. Seats are leather, comfortable, automatic/w/memory and heated. Gets 34+ on highway, 27/average on regular. Suzukis are generally solid, reliable, unpretentious cars. The Kizashi is uncommon now and likely to become rare. If you are a gambler and would go to Las Vegas buy one. If not stay safe with a Toyonda.

Originally Posted by IndyIan
What happens if you need a new windshield or glass? Is aftermarket glass even available for this due to the low volume sold here?

Have fun finding certain parts:

https://suzukiautomotiveparts.com/2...pension_parts-axle_differential-1470555/

A new starter is available but its $635... I find the odd ball cars aren't cheap enough to be worth the hassle. Sure if it was half as much as an AWD Fusion, it could be worth the potential PITA. But they are never that much cheaper than the common alternatives.

A starter is under $150 for it from Rock Auto.

The chance of actually needing a differential is minuscule.

Last edited:
$10k is excessively expensive for 12/13 that is going to terrible to resale or slow selling if you have to.

It's a dead car brand and a potentially a hassle.

Maybe $6500 , this is not a desirable vehicle to mass consumer. Take advantage.

Check out Edmunds appraise a car. $10k is for suckers.

Last edited:
My BIL owns one. He takes it to the Subaru dealer that used to have the Suzuki dealer attached to it.

I don't think he's had any major issues with the car. It would be one brand I would avoid.

Originally Posted by madRiver
$10k is excessively expensive for 12/13 that is going to terrible to resale or slow selling if you have to.

It's a dead car brand and a potentially a hassle.

Maybe $6500 , this is not a desirable vehicle to mass consumer. Take advantage.

Check out Edmunds appraise a car. $10k is for suckers.

I'm going to guess this was directioned at me, not Passport1.

local fun fact: one guy is trying to sell a '13 with 110,000 miles for $13,000.
poor guy, I don't want to think about his loan size....

I do not if it really matters about salvage title when they are cheap and you would drive it until it "dies".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back