Washable cabin/ polin filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me, because I'm disabled and have a spinal cord injury. I use my wheel chair most of the time. But we had some bad news the other day that i have cancer of the voice box and thyroid gland it has got my throat. So we need help in getting our hans on a washable cabin filter for our car. I live in England but i can't get one her i have tryed my owners club. So this is my last shot. The sizes are 30 mm x 270 mm x 159 mm that's the size and i do know you have companies the could help me over there. Thankyou all for any help.

Originally Posted by Pelican
He doesn't need an engine filter, but as he stated a Cabin one.

That link's look-up tool will show cabin filters, too...washable cabin filters. I have one in my Legacy and another waiting to be installed in our Foz.

I searched on the WIX site just to get a part number that be might used for interchange lookup of washable brands. In inches, the size is 10.63 L x 6.26 W x 1.18 H. At the 10.63 in. length, Wix has nothing in 6.26 width.

http://www.wixfilters.com/lookup/FilterBySize.aspx

A search at the Mann site turns up 3 filters: https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/dimensionsresult/-1533126986-153405051309122018202749 ..... Looks like the MANN CUK2747 is an exact fit for a Land Rover. I didn't see a K&N equivalent, but someone else should look in case I missed it.

Also, I'm very sad to hear about your condition. I'll be hoping for a long remission some time in the future for you!

A couple of extra things:

1. washable filters likely won't filter as well, if that's what you're looking for.

2. Be VERY careful if you choose to use any filter rated as HEPA. I ordered a brand-name HEPA filter for our Forester and it resulted in a major reduction in flow. I don't mean 5-10%, but 80% or more. The auto-climate-control had to max out while MAINTAINING temperature. Swapped the old OEM-style filter in and the fan dropped to 1-2 out of 5 or more bars (I don't recall the exact number of increments) in the same conditions (maybe even a little colder.)

Originally Posted by Pelican
He doesn't need an engine filter, but as he stated a Cabin one.

K&N makes washable cabin filters too.

K&N is the only washable cabin filter on the market I know of, but I have personally washed out my paper made filters and let them dry to reuse them, but I would have a spare on hand so one would dry I would have an extra dry clean one on hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back