Post your latest small engine oil change

Bumping this so y'all don't forget about it. I don't currently have any small engine oil changes to post, but I don't want this thread to become buried several pages back.

Bought a new Predator 3500 generator for the camper. Did a few oil changes to get it broke in with several heat and cool cycles. Pretty confident that it's ready fro spring camping.

Craftsman 5600 watt, 10 h.p generator.
Had to do some work to it as it was my grandfathers, who passed away 4 years ago this month, and hasn't been messed with for almost 10 years. Drained the presumably 10 year old gas from the tank and poured 2 gallons of fresh 91 octane and a heavy dose of Amsoil quick shot. Next I drained the oil and refilled it with Amsoil 10w30 small engine oil. Set it too full choke and it fired on the second pull, some what rough idle so I used some Amsoil Power Foam on the intake with it running and after 5 minutes the idle smoothed out and it idled happily for an 1 hour until I decide to shut it off, it will happily serve the family this winter if we loose power and hopefully next spring I can wash the outside off!

Last week-end, on my -new to me- Husqvarna lawn tractor. It has 3 seasons on it or best guess at 180 hours of run time.
It has the Kohler KT735 engine, sump capacity is approx 2litres. the dip stick showed a full inch above the full mark that equates to a full liter over recommended capacity.
Found a suitable filter from Carquest 3$, and OCI was PP 5w30 to proper fill level.
NOTE: DONT run the engine without the dipstick...!!! youll get an oil shower..... XD

Predator 4000 6.5 HP generator. Put about 8 hours on it when our power was out for a while this week, then loaned it to a friend who put 19 more hours on before her power was restored. Almost 40 hours on the unit now. Rotella T5 10W-30.

Wishful thinking on my end in Minnesnowta

Picked up a new to me 2014 Brute self propelled mower with a Briggs & Stratton 725ex. Date stamp says 2014 on the cowl. Previous owner said it worked a year then sat until I picked it up.

Out : something black and thick. Given I was rebuilding the carb and the garage was a blistering hot 22*F. Couldn't warm it up before I dumped the oil.

In: Formula Shell Syn 5w30 I picked up on clearance from Menards. Will get it running then changed after the 1st use, if spring ever comes this year.

24 hp Kaw gravely Zero Turn about 40 plus hrs on oil.
Out 15/40 Delo 400- filter MC 910S

In 15/40 Delo 400-filter MC 910S

This is the oil and filter which I will always use in the Zero Turn.

Craftsman w/ 19 HP B&S
Out/in: Delo 10w30 semi
Off/On: Fram TG3614

Craftsman w/ 7 HP B&S
Out: Delo 10w30 semi
In: B&S 5w30 Synthetic

2012 Simplicity Regent w/21hp B&S single cyl., ("Professional Series"
Out: 5W30 QSUD, Wix 51056

In: Delo 400 LE 5W40, Kawasaki 49065

Cub cadet 24hp Kawasaki 125 hrs
Out: rotella t4 15w40 Fram tough guard- no top off needed for last season
In: rotella t5 10w30 Fram tough guard

Murray 46 inch Garden Tractor. 18 horsepower opposed twin Briggs.
Out: Pennzoil High Mileage 10w40
In: Pennzoil High Mileage 10w40
Seems to run good on this oil. Got a 5 quart jug on sale last year at Walmart.

Had a leaky carb in my Craftsman LT1000. New carb came in and I'm changing the oil as well due to fuel dilution. I bought Supertech 5w-30 and will be changing it today.

Back