Oil for Kubota L2501

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dlundblad
I didn't realize CF was a listed spec on M1 0w40. I stand corrected in a somewhat recent thread where a guy asked if a Euro 0w40 could be used in his Kubota engine and I recommended 15w40.

15w-40 is a more cost effective approach anyhow.
wink.gif
What would give me real confidence in M1 0w-40 isn't the CF (which I do believe from them, and would from most majors and a few boutiques), but really the A3/B4, which is very capable in diesel engines. Generally speaking, it would be suitable in most diesel engines up to CI-4+ (and later if one didn't care about ash levels).

Originally Posted by dnewton3
I have run 10w-30 dino HDEO in my Kubie for more than a decade. UOAs show no issues. It's good year round in IN, where the OP and I are both at.
Honestly, most Japanese tractor engines really don't care about what you run, as long as they are a decent API HDEO; grade does not matter either.
Don't overthink this. If you knew how badly little ag tractors are abused in third-world places, with just about any lube known to man going into the crankcase, you'd not worry in the least.

Not overthinking a thing. As said above, I was concerned about the specs.

I am by no means new to the Kubota world. Everything I'm used to is just older and out of warranty.

Sorry it's upside down but here's mine (technically demo at the moment) next to my fathers grand L. Just changed the oil in it yesterday actually. M1 TDT and a Kubota filter.

753CCBFC-795B-4397-8BC2-029999ABD444.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by mattwithcats

Oil filter is Wix 51515, or Fram XG8...

Kubota and Toyota - - both very smart in choosing "The most common oil filter in the entire world"

Not so fast, my Kubota B2150 takes an XG3593A which is for Hondas I do believe! I don't think Toyota's used the XG8 size filter on anything as of recent, that's like from the old Land Cruiser inline six days. Now they're using all cartridge filters except for a few older design engines like the 2.7 2TR-FE found in the Tacoma.

OP I use syn T6 5W-40 in my tractor, but it's sees use in harsh Montana winters also so easy starting is a must. These non emission diesels aren't picky, flip a coin has my vote.

I took advantage of the Delvac rebate and went with 15w40. 3 gallons will be 2 seasons worth of oil changes on top of having a paper trail for receipts.

The first oil change will be around 50 hours. We'll see how long it takes me to get there... May chicken out and dump it at 35.
27.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back