Who here has the highest mileage Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

and the odometer will stop working at 299999
banana2.gif

The kid that sits beside me at work has a 2005 Corolla with roughly 550,000 kms on it, but the odometer stopped at 299,999 km.

I owned a '94 Geo Prizm (a Corolla), had 300K on it when I sold it, nothing leaked, no major repairs ever been done.. was an amazingly reliable car! (why did I sell it???)

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by jongies3
I saw a guy trade in a 2003 Tacoma V6 PreRunner on a new one with 627k on the odometer, everything was still original in it too. Mostly highway miles, maintained accordingly, driven gently and taken care of.

Off topic I know, but this is one of many reasons I have a Tacoma, best darn trucks ever made as far as I'm concerned!

To be fair. I've seen several 4.3L GM S-series & 2.3L Ford Rangers reach that kind of mileage with lax maintenance & a ton of city miles.....Driven by company employees the don't give a $hit.

Not to mention all the domestic 2500 & 3500 trucks hauling 10,000 pound trailers everyday for 300,000 miles with the original engine, transmission, & differential.

No doubt domestic pickups are well built vehicles...I doubt though you'll see many 300K mile domestic compacts...

I've seen plenty of high mile Cavaliers.

So have I, but they were basically junk. Yes they drove and ran ok, but the interiors were falling apart, most of the electric stuff no longer worked, and they would be super annoying to drive. Everything in my Corolla still works...power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruse control, cold air conditioning, etc...

Originally Posted by Redright9
I owned a '94 Geo Prizm (a Corolla), had 300K on it when I sold it, nothing leaked, no major repairs ever been done.. was an amazingly reliable car! (why did I sell it???)

Good question. I plan on driving mine until it burns more oil than gas!

How much oil does it burn and over how many miles? Have an 05 Matrix with 147k. I did have to replace the intake manifold gasket which has an updated part from Toyota. Only takes less than 30 mins to replace. Also a front wheel bearing. Doesn't really burn any oil over a 5k interval with VWB 5w30. Although other oils have burned some.

I used to own 02 corolla; I put 220k miles on then sold it, and replaced it for this Mazda6 in 2010; that generation had problems with oil consumption and oil leak it the exhaust system (that's why I got rid of) which would ultimately affect the catalic converter so often

Up to last couple of years, I could see it in the road on a regular basis

Originally Posted by SatinSilver

How much oil does it burn and over how many miles? Have an 05 Matrix with 147k. I did have to replace the intake manifold gasket which has an updated part from Toyota. Only takes less than 30 mins to replace. Also a front wheel bearing. Doesn't really burn any oil over a 5k interval with VWB 5w30. Although other oils have burned some.

It goes through a qt every 700-800 miles. I'm not convinced it's not going out through the PCV valve, as the replacements up to this point have been aftermarket ones. I have an OEM PCV now, I just have to install it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back