More issues with kerosene torpedo heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I vacuumed out a softball size blob of assorted mouse nest and nut shells where the flame goes, got some new fuel and air tubing that is tight on fittings. With no spark plug connected I point the non-mounted nozzle to the outside so I can see it. Turn it on and I see kerosene rise slowly up the fuel line, took maybe 8 seconds to reach the nozzle and then no spray from the nozzle.

This is not going to be easy.

I am trying to get it to work to sell it. Little by little the stuff needs to go.

Patience is wearing thin.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Do yourself a favor and sit it by the trash. Someone will take it and make use of it.

Maybe if a new one was only $50, sure..... but, they are NOT

Originally Posted by Fitter30
Theres probable a cinter bronze filter on the back side of the nozzle. You can pull the nozzle see if it pumps. Then have to replace whole nozzle.

There is a fine screen filter inside the fuel pickup that I took out and cleaned. I would think the back hose would be air and the one towards the actual nozzle hole would be fuel but that is not the way it was when I got it. I cannot see what channels are inside the nozzle. I have sprayed brake cleaner through both inlet fittings on nozzle and it sprays out the nozzle hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back